From: Glenn Peffers on
I'm trying to start working with the MFC Feature Pack, but I'm having trouble
doing something that I've found very easy to do with CodeJock in the past.

I'd like to build an application which has three dockable windows which by
default are arranged vertically and take up the entire frame window. In this
case, I only want the menu, toolbar, status bar, and the three dockable
windows to appear - but not a default non-dockable view.

With the MFC feature pack, I can't seem to get this configuration. I always
have a small piece of the screen (the default View) which remains "undocked",
I can't seem to force the three dockable windows to take up the entire frame
window.

I realize this may be a bit non-standard, but CodeJock makes this layout
easy with a call to their m_CXTPDockingPaneManager::HideClient(TRUE);
function. I just can't figure out how to do the same with the Feature Pack.

I write a lot of tools used internally by my company that do various things
such as monitoring and decoding data streams. I've found the described
layout quite useful, one window for the raw data, a second for decoded data,
and a third for errors and status information.

The easiest way to reproduce what I'm trying to do is to generate a default
SDI MFC application with the project style set as Visual Studio. Then try to
hide the default view and make the frame fully dockable.

I appreciate any thoughts or ideas anyone has. I'm hoping it's a simple
solution and that the simple lack of documentation for the Feature Pack is
just making it difficult for me to see the obvious answer.

--
Best regards,
Glenn