Prev: TFTP
Next: Time
From: Breizhhh on
Hi,

I'm using JNI to display a java JFrame into a C++ program. It works well
except when I add this JFrame into a CTabCtrl. In this case, when the mouse
entered the JFrame the CPU increases, and if I click it's exactly the same
but my C++ application loose the handle. The only way to regain the control
is to active another window and then select my application. It is weird
because when I don't attach it to a CTabCtrl there isn't any problem.

If someone know why this is happening, that would be very nice.
Thanks.
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Define "lose the handle". What does this mean?
joe

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 02:36:02 -0700, Breizhhh <Breizhhh(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm using JNI to display a java JFrame into a C++ program. It works well
>except when I add this JFrame into a CTabCtrl. In this case, when the mouse
>entered the JFrame the CPU increases, and if I click it's exactly the same
>but my C++ application loose the handle. The only way to regain the control
>is to active another window and then select my application. It is weird
>because when I don't attach it to a CTabCtrl there isn't any problem.
>
>If someone know why this is happening, that would be very nice.
>Thanks.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Breizhhh on
It means that I can't click anywhere. No events are detected. It's like there
is a hidden window in front of my application which intercepts everything.

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Sorry, "losing the handle" is not what you described below. "Losing the handle" means
that the numerical value which you had, which represented the window handle, has been
lost.

What you are describing is a condition in which the window does not respond to mouse
clicks. Characterizing that as "losing the handle" is nonsense. I thought you meant that
the handle value was no longer valid, which is what your description means!

Who is managing the message pump at that point? If you do not have a functional message
pump, the window will not "respond" because nobody is sending it messages. Have you
considered using Spy++ to analyze this problem?
joe

From: divya_rathore on
For curiosity sake.. is there some tutorial around for using JNI with C
++? Can you point it out for me?
An old idea that remains unimplemented has following scenario:

a given raw data array (could be unsigned char, int, float, double
arrays defined in Java code) would be passed to a C++ dll. The dll
processes/modifies that array and returns back to java app.

thanks in advance,
- Divya
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2