From: steveb on
We are struggling to get the ML605 board running on our Dell PowerEdge
SC430 in slot 4 (x8 slot). Out of the box the unit did not recognize the
card but I could view the system PCI architecture using PCITree. After
building a PCIe x8 gen 1 core using ISE 12.1 (with the patch per AR#35422)
per xtp0044.pdf, the unit now complains of an error when initializing PCI
Exptress slot 4. I have tried all three settings of jumper J42. There are
no other expansion slots being used.

Has anyone struggled in a similar way bringing up their ML605 using the
PCIe?

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: he on
Am 30.06.2010 02:45, schrieb steveb:
> We are struggling to get the ML605 board running on our Dell PowerEdge
> SC430 in slot 4 (x8 slot). Out of the box the unit did not recognize the
> card but I could view the system PCI architecture using PCITree. After
> building a PCIe x8 gen 1 core using ISE 12.1 (with the patch per AR#35422)
> per xtp0044.pdf, the unit now complains of an error when initializing PCI
> Exptress slot 4. I have tried all three settings of jumper J42. There are
> no other expansion slots being used.
>
> Has anyone struggled in a similar way bringing up their ML605 using the
> PCIe?

> Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com

Did you try using 11.4 as suggested by the xtp044? I ran into some
problems, too, using 12.1 + patch (without further investigation) but it
all worked fine with 11.4

hth