From: maxascent on
I am not sure if such a program exists, but I would like to be able to test
a fairly large design by not having to write lots of testbenches. Idealy I
would like a program were I could connect my DUT and give some constraints
and then test vectors would be produced to test all cases within the
constraints. Has anyone had any experience of such a program?

Thanks

Jon

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: HT-Lab on
"maxascent" <maxascent(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.n_o_s_p_a_m.yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>I am not sure if such a program exists, but I would like to be able to test
> a fairly large design by not having to write lots of testbenches. Idealy I
> would like a program were I could connect my DUT and give some constraints
> and then test vectors would be produced to test all cases within the
> constraints. Has anyone had any experience of such a program?

No experience myself but have a look at inFact:

http://www.mentor.com/products/fv/infact/

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

From: d_s_klein on
On Jun 30, 6:03 am, "maxascent"
<maxascent(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.n_o_s_p_a_m.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I am not sure if such a program exists, but I would like to be able to test
> a fairly large design by not having to write lots of testbenches. Idealy I
> would like a program were I could connect my DUT and give some constraints
> and then test vectors would be produced to test all cases within the
> constraints. Has anyone had any experience of such a program?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jon
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com

I auditioned Mentor's version of such a program. I assert that all
programs of this type have the same failing:

They are good at verifying that a design does what it does, they are
not good at verifying that a design does what it is supposed to do.

For a test, I created a module that intentionally got the Ethernet CRC
wrong. The generated test bench passed the module with no comments at
all.

<RANT>
There is a reason that good verification engineers charge good money
for their talent.
There is a reason that companies that delegate verification to junior
engineers have such a hard time with verification.
</RANT>

RK