From: Steve on
This is my first use of MM 2.6 I used earlier versions and I simply imported
video and then did not my thing. Now, what seems to be happening is I have
these thing called Collections. I had assumed Collections allowed me to
create many different movies.

What seems to be happening is that for my video imports (avi) I enter one
avi file and it creates many collections and divides a file up with
extensions 001, 002, etc.

What is happening. all I want to do is import a video, and drag it to the
timeline. Now with each video imported, I need drag multiple files to the
timeline. Why is this and how can I set MM 2.6 up so that one video avi file
is not broken up?
From: John Inzer on
Steve wrote:
> This is my first use of MM 2.6 I used earlier versions and I simply
> imported video and then did not my thing. Now, what seems to be
> happening is I have these thing called Collections. I had assumed
> Collections allowed me to create many different movies.
>
> What seems to be happening is that for my video imports (avi) I enter
> one avi file and it creates many collections and divides a file up
> with extensions 001, 002, etc.
>
> What is happening. all I want to do is import a video, and drag it
> to the timeline. Now with each video imported, I need drag multiple
> files to the timeline. Why is this and how can I set MM 2.6 up so
> that one video avi file is not broken up?
==================================
Try the following:

On the 'Import File' screen....uncheck the box...
"Create clips for video files".

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: LVTravel on

"John Inzer" <oobie(a)doobie.zyx> wrote in message
> Steve wrote:
>> This is my first use of MM 2.6 I used earlier versions and I simply
>> imported video and then did not my thing. Now, what seems to be
>> happening is I have these thing called Collections. I had assumed
>> Collections allowed me to create many different movies.
>>
>> What seems to be happening is that for my video imports (avi) I enter
>> one avi file and it creates many collections and divides a file up
>> with extensions 001, 002, etc.
>>
>> What is happening. all I want to do is import a video, and drag it
>> to the timeline. Now with each video imported, I need drag multiple
>> files to the timeline. Why is this and how can I set MM 2.6 up so
>> that one video avi file is not broken up?
> ==================================
> Try the following:
>
> On the 'Import File' screen....uncheck the box...
> "Create clips for video files".
>
> --
>
> J. Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

Don't we wish all problems were this easy to solve!

From: John Inzer on
LVTravel wrote:
> Don't we wish all problems were this easy to solve!
LOL!

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience