From: First of One on
Is there a functional version of MMC for Vista?

If so, then I assume you've tried installing it in Win7 with no success?

If not, then I don't think it will ever work. Vista has a different WDDM
driver model than XP after all.

From: PhxGrunge on

"Tom Rapner" <TomRapner(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to get Multimedia Center working on Windows 7 for my All-
> in-Wonder 9600XT?
>
> I'm aware that no new drivers or support will be forthcoming from ATI --
> and I've tried searching on Google, but the only reports of success I've
> found were from one poster who installed a Vista version of MMC first and
> then upgraded to Windows 7. (Others did not have the same luck, however,
> and I don't wish to purchase Vista just to install Windows 7 in any case.)
>
> I'd hate to be stuck with the choice of either having to upgrade my
> motherboard and graphics card and/or TV tuner, living without video
> capture, or forgoing upgrading and wasting the $200 I just spend on
> Windows 7.

Try the Windows 7 compatibility mode by running XP in a virtual window over
Win 7. You should be able to install drivers and MMC in the XP window. You
just need enough memory to do this.

From: Wile E. Coyote on
First of One wrote:
> Is there a functional version of MMC for Vista?

Yes, Vista comes with MMC.
From: Tom Rapner on
"First of One" <root(a)127.0.0.1> wrote in

> Is there a functional version of MMC for Vista?
>
> If so, then I assume you've tried installing it in Win7 with no success?
>
> If not, then I don't think it will ever work. Vista has a different WDDM
> driver model than XP after all.

Yes, according to reports ATI released at least one TV tuner/MMC update
three years ago for Vista, which has apparently since been pulled. I was
hoping someone here could point me to a mirror.
From: Wile E. Coyote on
GMAN wrote:

> For the "OP" it was the only option.
>
> Then dont give an answer.

Perhaps but now it isn't and he is crying a river because his outdated
hardware is not Vista ready, or was it Win7 he was bitching about?.
Here's a tip I learned long ago, use the right hardware for the OS in
use and don't try to fit a square peg into a round hole.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Radeon HD 5770
Next: Silent video cards