From: JanM on
Hello

In Step 9/12 (Installing sample data) the wizard fails with the error:
The site /ssp/admin could not be created. The following exception occured:
File or arguments not valid for site template 'OSRV'..

Failed to create sample data.
An exception of type System.ArgumentException was thrown. Additional
exception information: File or arguments not valid for site template 'OSRV'.
System.ArgumentException: File or arguments not valid for site template
'OSRV'.
.... rest of stack

We have the configuration:
Win2008 Enterprise Beta3
- Server in Domain
- User: Domain Admin
Roles
- IIS
- WSS
MOSS 2007
SQL Server Express Instances
- Microsoft##SSEE (installed by WSS)
- OFFICESERVERS (installed by MOSS)

We checked the WSS functionality before installing MOSS 2007 and all worked
fine.
We also activated DTC connection, that was described on other threads.

Thanks for any help.
Jan

From: Mike Walsh on
1. There is no support for betas except in beta newsgroups

2. You should not first install WSS 3.0 (even if it is part of Win 2008)
but should install MOSS 2007 directly.

3. I presume you have at least 1GB available to this server. In fact as
this is Win 2008 that Win2003 minimum figure for MOSS 2007 might not be
enough. (Again beta newsgroups!)

But basically if you are running Beta software you should be asking your
questions in beta newsgroups not here.

Mike Walsh
WSS FAQ http://www.wssfaq.com
no questions by e-mail please

From: JanM on
Ok, will look for a beta newsgroup.
Just to correct: Windows 2008 requires the WSS role, its not possible to
install MOSS without WSS.

Jan

From: Ivan on
Hello!

I've got exactly the same error as JanM, though I'm installing MOSS 2007 on
the Windows Server 2007 computer. I have installed WSS 3.0 and it works
properly. Does that mean the problem is that I shouldn't have WSS 3.0
installed?

Thank you,

Ivan

From: Ivan on
*Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition (SP2), not "Windows Server 2007"