From: Patrick on
I am attempting to setup a medium sized MOSS web farm in my dev/test
lab. (webx2, appx2, sqlx2). The Indexing server is setup and
indexing on the app02 server. Then I do the following steps:

1)Central Administration -> Server Name(Web01) -> Office Sharepoint
Server Search.
2) Select "Use this server for serving search queries"
3) enter in:
contact email address
Farm search service account credentials
For the Query server index file location the path is set to default
select "Configure Share Automatically"
enter in credentials of an AD account in the local admin group of
Web01 (my admin id)
4) Hit OK

Result is an error message saying "The path for the index location is
not valid."

When I checked Web01 there was no directory at the default path so I
created one and tried again with the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Patrick