From: seribus on
Could you not use folders to set the permissions and then modify the
view not to show folders?

From: lol on
If you are using SharePoint 2010, I think you can find some features
which allow you to assign permission on views. Yet I am not sure, my
colleague told me that he managed to assign some sort of view
protection.
If you are using SharePoint 2007, I do not think it is possible to do
such thing. In terms of add on, though, you can google it or directly
go to SharePoint Column & View Permission (http://
www.sharepointboost.com/columnpermission.html).

From: Margriet Bruggeman on
Hello lol,

Yes, in SharePoint 2010 it's possible to assing permissions on views. I forgot
the name of the product, but this month there has been a discussion about
list view security and apparantly there is a product that provides a solution
for SharePoint 2007.

Kind regards,
Margriet Bruggeman
Lois & Clark IT Services

web site: http://www.lcbridge.nl
blog: http://www.lcbridge.nl/rss/spptrss.xml

l> If you are using SharePoint 2010, I think you can find some features
l> which allow you to assign permission on views. Yet I am not sure, my
l> colleague told me that he managed to assign some sort of view
l> protection.
l> If you are using SharePoint 2007, I do not think it is possible to do
l> such thing. In terms of add on, though, you can google it or directly
l> go to SharePoint Column & View Permission (http://
l> www.sharepointboost.com/columnpermission.html).