From: chawki on
Hi,

I am trying to enable incoming mail for lists in SharePoint 2007 beta 2
installed on a single server.

Steps taken:
Created SharePoint2007 OU in AD
-eXenon.local
---SharePoint2007

Installed SMTP on MOSS server (exenon2.Exenon.local)

configured SMTP to accept relay from exchange server
(exenonserver.eXenon.local)

set "Central administration > Operations > Active Directory settings for
E-mail Web Service > Active Directory Container Object" to:
OU=SharePoint2007DC=eXenon,DC=local

set "Central administration > Operations >Incoming E-Mail Settings" as
follows:
-Enable sites on this server to receive email - Yes
-Settings mode - Advanced
-Connect to a Sharepoint directory management service - Yes
-Directory management service URL -
http://exenon2:5190/_vti_bin/sharepointemailws.asmx
-E-mail server address - exenon2.eXenon.local
-Does this directory management service manage distribution lists - Yes
-Should distribution lists accept mail only from authenticated senders - Yes
-E-Mail server display address - myl ...@eXenon.local
-E-Mail drop folder - C:\InetPub\mailroot\Drop

I then create a new doc library and enable receive email and set email
address to projectmail(a)eXenon.local

Receive pages that says "The list was created successfully, but could not be
assigned an e-mail alias because of the following error: Error in the
application."

Am I missing a step that gives SharePoint the permissions to create a
contact in AD?

Hope that you can help me.

Thanks

From: Steve Smith on
Couple of things. Try going through my whitepaper on
www.combined-knowledge.com , look for the sharepoint 2007 downloads. Also
make sure that the Application Pool account that you are using has create
object right on the OU in AD.

Steve Smith
www.combined-knowledge.com

From: CC-Gov-Mat on
Were you able to get it to work with the information Steve Smith provided? I
too am having the same problem and belive it to be permissions based. I have
been unsuccessful in getting MOSS to create information in the OU even after
changing the permissions my app pool has on the OU.

Thanks,

Mat

From: CMS Dev CMS on
I too am having the exact same problem. If anyone finds an answer, please
let mek know.

development(a)cstcameras.com

From: CMS Dev CMS on