From: Cbarnett on
Please help - We have never had a successful crawl since the installation of
Portal server and can't figure out why. We are not concerned with Non-Portal
content at this time, just Portal content. This is a single Portal
installation with a separate SQL server database.

I have verified in 'Configure Search and Indexing' the Database
Administration Account,Default Content Access Account, and Portal Site
Application Pool Identity all are using the correct admin service account.
"Do no connect by using a proxy server" is checked. The 'Exclude and Include
Content for Portal_Content' rule is set to include all items and the admin
service account is specified. "Do not allow basic authentication" is checked.

The error logs are below:

7/21/2006 2:00:04 PM Add sps://'servername'/site$$$people
The address could not be found, (0x80041201 - The object was not found. )

7/21/2006 2:00:04 PM Add http://'servername'/
The address could not be found, (0x80041205 - Access is denied. Check that
the Default Content Access Account in SharePoint Central Administration is
correct, or follow the "Exclude and Include Content" link to add a rule to
specify the proper crawling account to access this URL. )

Any help is Greatly appreciated.

From: Chandima on
Hi There

1. On you web front end server can you access http://servername when you are
logged in as the crawler account? (Assuming that this is a domain account)
2. Have you added the crawler account as a user to your portal?

HTH

Chandima

http://digitalmelon.com/blog/

From: Cbarnett on
Thanks Chandima

1. Yes, we can access the main site when logged onto the server with the
crawler acct.

2. No, we did not have the crawler account added to the users of the Main
portal but I have added it and tested a full crawl unsuccessfully.

From: Bill English [MVP] on
Your default content access account doesn't have permissions to your portal.
Give that account at least read permissions and give it a go.

--
Bill English, MVP
www.mindsharp.com

From: Cbarnett on
Thanks, but we have already given the default content access account full
administrative rights to the main Portal site.