From: Hector Santos on
jc wrote:

> Hello Hector,
>
> Thank you for taking the time to reply to my posting
>
> My delopement evironment is VC 2008 and MFC.
>
> I am using the VFW32.lib
>
> TIA,

I never used Video For Windows, but if you are having trouble with
MP3, in my experience, it was related to the ID2 or ID3 tags in the
MP3 file.

Try to find a simple MP3 Tag reader/editor, I know that is what I had
to do to confirm the work. Some will allow you to convert them back
and forth.

The 3rd party libid3tag is what I used to read the tags from the MP3
files.

http://www.underbit.com/products/mad/

For us, we offern online hosting software, so for customers who have
MP3 libraries for their users, when MP3 files are imported or
uploaded, our backend server will pull the tags as descriptions of the
new MP3 file posted.

During testing, I recall getting a bunch of MP3 and had trouble with
the LIBID3TAG and so did Windows Media Player (WMP).

Unfortunately, I don't recall what the bug was and how I fixed it when
using LIBID3TAG. I do seem to recall it was WMP documented bug related
to MP3 tags.

So see if you can find a console base or GUI tag reader (search
codeproject) and see if you can even read the files with these tools.

--
HLS