From: jc on
Hello,

I compiled some VC++ code that plays MP3 files.
However, I noticed that some of the MP3 files did
not play. Although, those same files played OK
using the MS Media Player.

Also, I downloaded a program called
MP3 Header format. I noticed, that almost
all of the files with 128kbps played (a couple
of files did not play), and the other files with 160,
192,448 kbps,... did not play.

What do I need to include, in the MP3 Demo code,
so that all of the MP3 files will play? The MS
Media Player plays all of the different MP3 files.

TIA,
-jc
From: Hector Santos on
I had an old project last year where it all boil down to making sure
you reading the MP3 TAG correctly or the MP3 library software you are
using is reading it correctly.

What MP3 library are you using?

--

--
HLS
From: jc on
Hello Hector,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my posting

My delopement evironment is VC 2008 and MFC.

I am using the VFW32.lib

TIA,
-jc
From: Tom Serface on
There are a ton of mp3 file format variations. It could be the code that
you are using doesn't support some of the more recent ones.

This code has a reasonable approach to reading the data:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/audio-video/mpegaudioinfo.aspx

You may want to use a standard player like WMP or WinAmp to play your files
as well using ShellExecute.

Tom

From: Tom Serface on
Maybe you could take a look at: