From: MarceepooNu on
I managed to register as a user on www.eternal-september.org, but I'm having
a bit of trouble finding anything.

Could you give me any tips on how to get to the vbscript newsgrous or or
whatever those things are called, where I could post questions like I have
done here and read other peoples' postings like here?

Are there any other newsgroups for vbscript users that you recommend, or
that you think are worth looking at?

Thanks again to you Mayayana,

marceepoo
--
MarceepooNu

From: Mayayana on
| Could you give me any tips on how to get to the vbscript newsgrous or or
| whatever those things are called, where I could post questions like I have
| done here and read other peoples' postings like here?

They're the same newsgroups. The reason to use eternal-sepember
is because Microsoft is closing down their server, but the groups are
the same on both.

From: Kenneth A. Larsen on

"MarceepooNu" <mbh2010(a)aol.com> wrote in message
>I managed to register as a user on www.eternal-september.org, but I'm
>having
> a bit of trouble finding anything.
>
> Could you give me any tips on how to get to the vbscript newsgrous or or
> whatever those things are called, where I could post questions like I have
> done here and read other peoples' postings like here?
>
> Are there any other newsgroups for vbscript users that you recommend, or
> that you think are worth looking at?
>
> Thanks again to you Mayayana,
>
> marceepoo
> --
> MarceepooNu
>

> "Mayayana" wrote:
>
>> | I can't find it there. In fact I was referred to this group from the
>> web
>> | based groups. There is a Visual Basic group there. but apparently no
>> | VBScript group.
>> |
>> There's a "scripting guys" forum here:
>>
>> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/ITCG/threads
>>
>> But...
>>
>> - It's a web forum, which is difficult to use.
>>
>> - It requires signing up for a Live ID and logging in.
>>
>> - It's moderated and filtered at will by MS employees.
>>
>> - That single forum is the catchall for all Windows
>> scripting, which means several languages are being
>> discussed at once, often without any clear indication
>> in a given post of what language is being dealt with.
>> It's like having one group for the Win32 API, with
>> people posting willy nilly about C++, Delphi, VB, .Net,
>> etc.
>>
>> There's no reason to wrestle with that as long as
>> the usenet groups are available. There are a lot of
>> knowledgeable people who frequent this group, with
>> no indication that the group will ever disappear as long
>> as there are usenet servers.
>>

>> .Dear MarceepooNu,
If you want newsgroups, you can create them in your email aplications. For
example msnews.microsoft.com. And if you ask me if I have another newsgroup,
I realy do. By the way, you can find web fourms on the internet. So go to
all of your internet applications and go to websites that have web fourms.
If you have any more problems, please let me know by emailing me at 2
addresses. LarsenK(a)verizon.net or kuhlpc#2(a)optonline.net. You are going to
wonder why it is not kuhlpc#2(a)optimum.net. That's because for optimum online
servers don't have @optimum.net. They have @optonline.net