From: Finnie on
I am consistently seeing this error pertaining to MS Office 2007 on two
Windows 2003 terminal servers. The error is as follows:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Microsoft Office 12
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5000
Date: 12/15/2009
Time: 4:35:52 PM
User: N/A

EventType office12asserttimer, P1 p1ml, P2 12.0.6425.0, P3 1, P4 0, P5 NIL,
P6 NIL, P7 NIL, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NIL.

I have Googled this problem, but can't find a workable solution. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

From: SelfMan on
I am having this problem on a few computers. Some XP Pro, some XP Home. All
have MS Office 2007 wit all patches available. The client is also using the
Business Contact Manager for Outlook.

I think that something went wrong with onbe of the office updates in December.

SelfMan

From: Alessandro on
forse ho risolto il problema aggiornando il pacchetto software di windows
live e messenger , sono stai sostituiti e aggiornati diversi activex e file

word sembra tenere bene , non mi da errori ormai da due giorni.

ciao

google translator

I may have solved the problem by updating the software package and windows
live messenger, you have to replace and upgrade various files and ActiveX

Word seems to hold well, do not mistake me now for two days.

hello

From: undisclosed on

I am seeing this error also for one of our users:

*EventType office12asserttimer, P1 p1ml, P2 12.0.6425.0, P3 1, P4 0, P5
NIL, P6 NIL, P7 NIL, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NIL.*

Then after an hour or two this error will appear and Outlook shuts
down:

*Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6514.5000, stamp
4a89dc70, faulting module mso.dll, version 12.0.6425.1000, stamp
49d65443, debug? 0, fault address 0x00005ae0.*

I have deleted the user's Outlook profile, uninstalled and reinstalled
Office 2007, and installed all the current updates. I've done registry
cleans and fixes using CCleaner and Glary Utilities as well as deletion
of temp files, temp IE files, etc.. Nothing has helped. I also renamed
the user's windows profile in order to recreate her entire profile when
she logged back in. This has not helped either. I've also done a sfc
/scannow to fix or replace any corrupt or missing system files. No luck
there either.

Any ideas out there? Anyone else ran into this issue and had any
success in fixing it? I appreciate any help,

Josh

--
joshua278