From: Robert11 on
Hello,

I read, several times, the MS Office Suite Products page, as well as
Anazon's offerings trying to understand
these MS product offerings and their permutations, and am confused, as there
seem to be several contradictions.

If anyone is really sharp on the offerings, and what's available, would be
very appreciative of
some help.

a. Is WORD 2007 available as a stand alone product, or do you have to get
it with a "Office Suite" ?

If available alone, does the product allow installation on more than 1
PC ? How many ?

b. Same question for EXCEL 2007, and for how many PC's ?

c. If I get the Home and Student package which I guess has 2007 WORD and
Excel, how many PC's can I install it on ?

Would this be the cheapest approach to get both ?

d. Is Amazon the cheapest reliable source for these, or...?

Thank you very much; appreciate the help,
B.

From: Bob I on

Robert11 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I read, several times, the MS Office Suite Products page, as well as
> Anazon's offerings trying to understand
> these MS product offerings and their permutations, and am confused, as there
> seem to be several contradictions.
>
> If anyone is really sharp on the offerings, and what's available, would be
> very appreciative of
> some help.
>
> a. Is WORD 2007 available as a stand alone product, or do you have to get
> it with a "Office Suite" ?

Yes but the cost will be better as a Suite purchase.

> If available alone, does the product allow installation on more than 1
> PC ? How many ?

One PC and a portable for the exclusive use by the primary user of the
PC(otherwise known as the primary device)

> b. Same question for EXCEL 2007, and for how many PC's ?

Same answers.

> c. If I get the Home and Student package which I guess has 2007 WORD and
> Excel, how many PC's can I install it on ?

Provided that it is NOT some OEM copy you manage to acquire, it can be
installed on 3. But not for any business or commercial purposes.

> Would this be the cheapest approach to get both ?

Probably for strictly home use.

> d. Is Amazon the cheapest reliable source for these, or...?

Usually, but watch who the real seller is.