From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"Dirk Goldgar" <dg(a)NOdataSPAMgnostics.com.invalid> wrote:

>That's what I do. I turn off the tabs themselves using Style = None.
>Although having no tabs makes it a little awkward to work on the tab pages
>in design view, I can always switch from one tab page to another by
>selecting the page in the object drop-down box or the property sheet.

Actually I'd put a line or two of code in the forms open event just to
change that setting automatically.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: Dirk Goldgar on
"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> "Dirk Goldgar" <dg(a)NOdataSPAMgnostics.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>>That's what I do. I turn off the tabs themselves using Style = None.
>>Although having no tabs makes it a little awkward to work on the tab pages
>>in design view, I can always switch from one tab page to another by
>>selecting the page in the object drop-down box or the property sheet.
>
> Actually I'd put a line or two of code in the forms open event just to
> change that setting automatically.

Maybe, but I'm not sure if having space allocated for the tabs would affect
the desired layout of the form. I'll bear that in mind as something to try,
the next time I have occasion to build a "wizard" interface.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

From: Rick Brandt on
Dirk Goldgar wrote:

> "Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote in message
>> "Dirk Goldgar" <dg(a)NOdataSPAMgnostics.com.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>That's what I do. I turn off the tabs themselves using Style = None.
>>>Although having no tabs makes it a little awkward to work on the tab
>>>pages in design view, I can always switch from one tab page to another by
>>>selecting the page in the object drop-down box or the property sheet.
>>
>> Actually I'd put a line or two of code in the forms open event just to
>> change that setting automatically.
>

> Maybe, but I'm not sure if having space allocated for the tabs would
> affect
> the desired layout of the form. I'll bear that in mind as something to
> try, the next time I have occasion to build a "wizard" interface.

In that circumstance I just name the tab pages starting with "AAA" so that
they always appear at the top of the control list.
From: David W. Fenton on
"Dirk Goldgar" <dg(a)NOdataSPAMgnostics.com.invalid> wrote in

> "Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote in message
>> "Dirk Goldgar" <dg(a)NOdataSPAMgnostics.com.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>That's what I do. I turn off the tabs themselves using Style =
>>>None. Although having no tabs makes it a little awkward to work
>>>on the tab pages in design view, I can always switch from one tab
>>>page to another by selecting the page in the object drop-down box
>>>or the property sheet.
>>
>> Actually I'd put a line or two of code in the forms open event
>> just to change that setting automatically.
>
> Maybe, but I'm not sure if having space allocated for the tabs
> would affect the desired layout of the form. I'll bear that in
> mind as something to try, the next time I have occasion to build a
> "wizard" interface.

It does wreck the layout if you have the tab control very close to
the top of the detail area, or if the extra space the tabs take up
covers other controls.

I just use the dropdown, but, yes, it is something of a pain.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: David C. Holley on
But you could design the layout and shake down the functionality by placing
the controls in regions of a very enlarged form, thus avoiding the headache
of the overlap. If you go with a naming schema such as tb1_, tb2_ you can
then you code to move the controls into and out of position.