From: news.windstream.net on
Hi,

> Then why would you ever buy any other edition if everything is for
> free?

I don't disagree, but it would have been nice if this edition stated in bold
easy to find and read text that it doesn't support MFC even if you download
the platform SDK. Would have saved me some time...

Alan

From: Bo Persson on
news.windstream.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Then why would you ever buy any other edition if everything is for
>> free?
>
> I don't disagree, but it would have been nice if this edition
> stated in bold easy to find and read text that it doesn't support
> MFC even if you download the platform SDK. Would have saved me
> some time...
> Alan

Not in bold, and not too easy to find, but anyway

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hs24szh9(VS.80).aspx

Bo Persson