From: Default User on
Hi,

I am trying to compile an OCX from an example provided with msvc2005 express
and I get:

..\ScanServ.odl(7) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'olectl.h':
No such file or directory

Does this olectl.h come in some sort of SDK? Should it have been installed
with msvc2005 express?

Thanks,

Alan
www.sadevelopment.com
Professional Disk Utilities

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
The express version comes with very limited capabilities; it wouldn't surprise me if the
OLE support was also omitted from the distribution (MFC isn't there, either)
joe

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:53:58 -0600, "Default User" <nospam38925(a)forme.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am trying to compile an OCX from an example provided with msvc2005 express
>and I get:
>
>.\ScanServ.odl(7) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'olectl.h':
>No such file or directory
>
>Does this olectl.h come in some sort of SDK? Should it have been installed
>with msvc2005 express?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Alan
>www.sadevelopment.com
>Professional Disk Utilities

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: MrAsm on
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:53:58 -0600, "Default User"
<nospam38925(a)forme.com> wrote:

>Does this olectl.h come in some sort of SDK? Should it have been installed
>with msvc2005 express?

Yes, I think you should download the Platform SDK!

From: news.windstream.net on
Hi,

> Yes, I think you should download the Platform SDK!

Thanks for the replies guys. I did try the Platform SDK but it doesn't seem
to want to play well with vc exp 2005 so it didn't work either.

I found I had a visual studio 2005 standard that MS provided me during
training and installing this allowed me to compile without any errors.

It would seem that MS has really crippled vc exp by not including MFC with
it...

Thanks,

Alan
http://www.sadevelopment.com
Home of Partition Boot Manager and Large Drive Tools utilities!

From: Ajay Kalra on

> It would seem that MS has really crippled vc exp by not including MFC with
> it...

Then why would you ever buy any other edition if everything is for
free?

---
Ajay