From: fiversen on
Hello,

I want to use the MSChart-Control to display data.
I have a mfc-programm.

Two questions:

- the wrapper class I generate with Vc8 or VC7 is only mschart2.h
and ...cpp,
with vc5 I got a lot of classes (CVcAxis, .. ).
So I copy the classes from vc5 into the vc7 project ?!

- I want to have the selected bar - I need the column and the row.
So I use the message 'PointActivatedMschart1()'.
But this message is only fired, if I hit the point exactly.

Is it possible to change the surroundings of this point.
Or is there another message where I get column and row of a bar.

Thanks.
Frank Iversen

From: David Ching on
"fiversen" <fiversen(a)wedding.in-berlin.de> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I want to use the MSChart-Control to display data.
> I have a mfc-programm.
>

> Two questions:
>
> - the wrapper class I generate with Vc8 or VC7 is only mschart2.h
> and ...cpp,
> with vc5 I got a lot of classes (CVcAxis, .. ).
> So I copy the classes from vc5 into the vc7 project ?!

FWIW, I did have the same issue when I imported the Windows Media Player
control. I was missing a lot of useful classes when doing it in VC2005/2008
but VC6 produced it correctly. So I did the same as you and just used VC6
to generate the wrapper files and copied those into my VC2005/2008 project.
I'm not sure what the root cause of the problem is, because I hardly use COM
controls in MFC apps. It's just too painful. Have you considered a native
MFC charting control alternative?

-- David

From: fiversen on
> - I want to have the selected bar - I need the column and the row.
> So I use the message 'PointActivatedMschart1()'.
> But this message is only fired, if I hit the point exactly.
>
> Is it possible to change the surroundings of this point.
> Or is there another message where I get column and row of a bar.

To hit the point is not the problem - it is no 'Click' and no
'DblClick' -
if I click and click - sometimes 'PointActivated' is fired ?!

-----
Frank Iversen