From: un1c0rn on
Hi,

Currently we are running exchange 2007 on Server 2003 R2 64bit.
Can anyone please help with the following error:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: MSExchangeTransport

Event Category: TransportService

Event ID: 12014

Date: 25/01/2010

Time: 7:53:25 AM

User: N/A

Computer: IBBNE02

Microsoft Exchange couldn't find a certificate that contains the domain name
mail.implicitbioscience.com.au in the personal store on the local computer.
Therefore, it is unable to support the STARTTLS SMTP verb for the connector
Exchange default with a FQDN parameter of mail.implicitbioscience.com.au. If
the connector's FQDN is not specified, the computer's FQDN is used. Verify
the connector configuration and the installed certificates to make sure that
there is a certificate with a domain name for that FQDN. If this certificate
exists, run Enable-ExchangeCertificate -Services SMTP to make sure that the
Microsoft Exchange Transport service has access to the certificate key.

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
The way I read it, your Exchange server wants to send SMTP mail with other
Exchange servers using TLS, but it can't do that because you don't have a
proper certificate installed that matches your domain. You can fix that by
installing a certificate.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 23:29:00 -0800, "Ed Crowley [MVP]"
<curspice(a)nospam.net> wrote:

>The way I read it, your Exchange server wants to send SMTP mail with other
>Exchange servers using TLS, but it can't do that because you don't have a
>proper certificate installed that matches your domain. You can fix that by
>installing a certificate.

Or by adding SMTP as one of the services the cert is used for.

Use get-exchangecertificate and see if there's a "S" beneath the
"Services" header for the certificate. Use enable-exchangecertificate
to change the services if it's not there.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: un1c0rn on
Thanks but I have tried this with no success.

From: un1c0rn on
Tried that and seems to go without issue but the same error appears in the
event log.