From: David on
> Old-fashioned, isn't it? <vbg>

Same way I would have approach it if what I gave wasn't enough.

BTW -- I spoke to soon regarding a resolution.
Scroll is still in an infinite loop.

This is what I have so far ( I understand why it is looping (because the
condition .ColsIsVisible and .RowIsVisible alway is true -- Just Don't know
how to STOP IT when I use the scroll and the row / column is Already
visible!

FWIW - My DBRcdID column is partially visible -- whether Flex counts this as
being visible since right
side of column is not is ???

==== Code ======

If miEditMode = EDIT_EDIT Then

With MSFlexGrid1
If .ColIsVisible(GRIDC_DBRcdID) And .RowIsVisible(miEditRow) Then

' Position the combos on flexgrid's cells
Call SetEditControls(True)
Else
Call SetEditControls(False)
End If
End With

End If

=========

"Helmut Meukel" <NoSpam(a)NoProvider.de> wrote in message
>I started a search for MSFLXGRD.OCX in Windows Explorer and got the list.
> Then right-clicked on each item in the list, selected Properties, looked
> up the
> version # and wrote size and version # on a piece of paper.
> Old-fashioned, isn't it? <vbg>
>
> Helmut.
>
> "David" <NoWhere(a)earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Thanks Mr. Meukel:
>>
>> ReWorked my code and hopefully (??) have it resolved.
>>
>> FWIW :
>>
>> I'm referring to MSFlexgrid Control 6.0 (SP6).
>> Not sure where you're getting the size and version # unless directly from
>> the registered dll as does not show in Components / References in VB IDE.
>>
>> I'm also using this with VB5. As I recall, MS had something (quite a few
>> years back) that allowed you to use upgraded VB6 controls with VB5. (Will
>> have to dig for this one on my system if of interest to you). Also
>> unknown whether upgrading to XP, and multiple Service Packs made any
>> upgrades / changes
>>
>> Use to try and keep close track of my system, but will all the service
>> packs / automatic updates etc. etc. hard --or impossible -- to know what
>> M$ is changing. Gave up on this as would need to hire a full time staff
>> just for this
>>
>> David
>>

>> "Helmut Meukel" <NoSpam(a)NoProvider.de> wrote in message
>>> David,
>>>
>>> without knowing which version of MSFLXGRD.OCX you are using it's hard
>>> to answer your questions.
>>> I just checked on one of my multi-boot systems and found these versions:
>>> (some with same version number but different dates)
>>>
>>> Version Size
>>> 5.0.37.14 197 KB
>>> 5.1.43.19 223 KB
>>> 6.0.81.69 239 KB
>>> 6.0.84.18 239 KB

From: David on
After several days of searching, finally hit the right combination of search
text and found this -- which works. Hopefully help someone else.

Source:
http://www.vbmonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/vb/33528/MSFlexgrid-Scrolling

Private Sub MSFlexGrid1_Scroll()

Const Zero As Integer = 0
Const One As Integer = 1

If miEditMode = EDIT_EDIT Then

With MSFlexGrid1
If (.Row > Zero) And (.Row < .Rows - One) _
And (.Col > Zero) And (.Col < .Cols - One) Then
If .RowIsVisible(.Row - One) = False _
Or .RowIsVisible(.Row) = False _
Or .RowIsVisible(.Row + One) = False _
Or .ColIsVisible(.Col) = False _
Or .ColIsVisible(.Col + One) = False _
Or .ColIsVisible(.Col - One) = False Then
If .RowIsVisible(.Row - One) = False _
Or .RowIsVisible(.Row) = False _
Or .RowIsVisible(.Row + One) = False Then
' Position controls on correct flexgrid cell
Call SetEditControls(True)
' txtDataEntry.Top = .Height + .Top
End If
If .ColIsVisible(.Col) = False _
Or .ColIsVisible(.Col + One) = False _
Or .ColIsVisible(.Col - One) = False Then
Call SetEditControls(True)
' txtDataEntry.Left = .Left
End If
Else
' Position controls on correct flexgrid cell
Call SetEditControls(True)
' txtDataEntry.Top = .CellTop + .Top
' txtDataEntry.Left = .CellLeft + .Left
End If