From: David on
!) OK found what was causing the loop:
The parameter of RowIsVisible is supposed to be a column I mistakenly put in
a Row.

This now leaves with some other issues:

1) If I use the Date Column (GRIDC_Date) and select a row that contains
the date, I can scroll OK -------- EXCEPT --------
scrolling the active edit row will NOT go above or below the visible bounds
of MSFlexGrid.

Is this by design?

2) If I use the Date Column (GRIDC_Date) , and select a row where
there is NO date in that column everything gets #$%^& up.

My guess is somehow the MSFlexGrid is obtaining a pointer to the date value
in order to check the cell location and if blank can't handle it?

Know anything about this?

From: Helmut Meukel on
"David" <NoWhere(a)earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> !) OK found what was causing the loop:
> The parameter of RowIsVisible is supposed to be a column I mistakenly put in a
> Row.
>
> This now leaves with some other issues:
>
> 1) If I use the Date Column (GRIDC_Date) and select a row that contains the
> date, I can scroll OK -------- EXCEPT --------
> scrolling the active edit row will NOT go above or below the visible bounds of
> MSFlexGrid.
>
> Is this by design?
>
> 2) If I use the Date Column (GRIDC_Date) , and select a row where
> there is NO date in that column everything gets #$%^& up.
>
> My guess is somehow the MSFlexGrid is obtaining a pointer to the date value in
> order to check the cell location and if blank can't handle it?
>
> Know anything about this?

David,

which Version of Flexgrid are you using? (AFAIK, there are some differences
between Version 5.0 and 6.0)

Helmut.

From: Helmut Meukel on
David,

without knowing which version of MSFLXGRD.OCX you are using it's hard
to answer your questions.
I just checked on one of my multi-boot systems and found these versions:
(some with same version number but different dates)

Version Size
5.0.37.14 197 KB
5.1.43.19 223 KB
6.0.81.69 239 KB
6.0.84.18 239 KB
6.1.97.82 255 KB

So the VB5 version was at least updated once, the VB6 version was at
least updated twice. I say 'at least' because I can't guarantee I have
all version on the machine I seached :-) .

Please check what version you are using and if it's an older one then update!
If the problem still persists or you are already using the latest VB6 version,
then come back to us.

Kind regards

Helmut.

From: David on
Thanks Mr. Meukel:

ReWorked my code and hopefully (??) have it resolved.

FWIW :

I'm referring to MSFlexgrid Control 6.0 (SP6).
Not sure where you're getting the size and version # unless directly from
the registered dll as does not show in Components / References in VB IDE.

I'm also using this with VB5. As I recall, MS had something (quite a few
years back) that allowed you to use upgraded VB6 controls with VB5. (Will
have to dig for this one on my system if of interest to you). Also unknown
whether upgrading to XP, and multiple Service Packs made any upgrades /
changes

Use to try and keep close track of my system, but will all the service
packs / automatic updates etc. etc. hard --or impossible -- to know what M$
is changing. Gave up on this as would need to hire a full time staff just
for this

David

From: Helmut Meukel on
I started a search for MSFLXGRD.OCX in Windows Explorer and got the list.
Then right-clicked on each item in the list, selected Properties, looked up the
version # and wrote size and version # on a piece of paper.
Old-fashioned, isn't it? <vbg>

Helmut.