From: MikeyMike35 on
So, windows went corrupt on my old PC, bought a new one and put the old hard
drive in as an external drive. Now I am trying to pull old emails and
contacts out of outlook and I can't get my outlook to launch. I get the
message MSOE.DLL could not be loaded. Please help, I have 6 years worth of
emails and everyone I knows email addresses are in there!!

thanks,

Mike

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"MikeyMike35" <MikeyMike35(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> So, windows went corrupt on my old PC, bought a new one and put the old hard
> drive in as an external drive. Now I am trying to pull old emails and
> contacts out of outlook and I can't get my outlook to launch. I get the
> message MSOE.DLL could not be loaded. Please help, I have 6 years worth of
> emails and everyone I knows email addresses are in there!!

So, how are you trying to launch Outlook? I'd say you're really trying to
start Outlook Express and from your old disk. You won't be able to do that.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

>I know enought to get myself in trouble. I was trying to launch off the old
> drive. How do I go about getting them??

Have you installed Outlook on the new hard drive? That's the first step.
After that, you can configure Outlook to access the old data. Tell us what
version and we can help with that.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: MikeyMike35 on
New hard drive has Office 2007. Not sure what version is on old drive. 2003
maybe?!?!

Thank you for your help!!!!

Mike

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> New hard drive has Office 2007. Not sure what version is on old drive. 2003
> maybe?!?!

Your old Outlook data will be in x:\Documents and
Settings\youroldusername\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook, in
a PST file in that folder. Copy that (those) PSTs to some folder on the new
hard drive, like Documents\Outlook Data. Either use the Mail applet in
Control Panel (what I'd do) or File>Open>Outlook Data File in Outlook to add
it (or them) to your mail profile.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]