From: Kayman on
Hello,

I just downloaded DAT File sdat4936.exe (Windows) from
http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/superdat.asp?region=us&segment=enterprise ,
re-named it to setup.exe and copied it to C:\AV-CLS\McAfee.

I then rebooted in safe mode to run the Multi AV Scanning menu and chose the
McAfee module.

A 'prompt' appeared:
"SDStbRes.dll: The specified Module could not be found".

How can I rectify this please?

The last scan was performed with sdat4918 without any problems.

TIA.............Kayman.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Kayman" <khkay@-invalid-mail.org>

| Hello,
|
| I just downloaded DAT File sdat4936.exe (Windows) from
| http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/superdat.asp?region=us&segment=enterprise
,
| re-named it to setup.exe and copied it to C:\AV-CLS\McAfee.
|
| I then rebooted in safe mode to run the Multi AV Scanning menu and chose the
| McAfee module.
|
| A 'prompt' appeared:
| "SDStbRes.dll: The specified Module could not be found".
|
| How can I rectify this please?
|
| The last scan was performed with sdat4918 without any problems.
|
| TIA.............Kayman.

What if you run the McAfee module in Normal Mode ?

Do you still get that error ?

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

From: Kayman on

From: "Kayman" <khkay@-invalid-mail.org>

| Hello,
|
| I just downloaded DAT File sdat4936.exe (Windows) from

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/superdat.asp?region=us&segment=enterprise
,
| re-named it to setup.exe and copied it to C:\AV-CLS\McAfee.
|
| I then rebooted in safe mode to run the Multi AV Scanning menu and chose
the
| McAfee module.
|
| A 'prompt' appeared:
| "SDStbRes.dll: The specified Module could not be found".
|
| How can I rectify this please?
|
| The last scan was performed with sdat4918 without any problems.
|
| TIA.............Kayman.

What if you run the McAfee module in Normal Mode ?

Do you still get that error ?

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

No, Dave.

Running the McAfee Module in Normal Mode produces a
different error:

c:\AV-CLS\McAfee\update.ini not opened for READ, error code: [0].

BTW, the other modules (updating/scanning) are working okay.

Also, prior downloading DAT File sdat4936.exe (Windows),
I run Erunt to restore my registry back to Jan 1 '07.

Could this action be the cause of the problem?

Sorry for failing to mention this in my original message.

Rgds.....Kayman.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Kayman" <khkay@-invalid-mail.org>

| What if you run the McAfee module in Normal Mode ?
|
| Do you still get that error ?

No, Dave.

Running the McAfee Module in Normal Mode produces a
different error:

c:\AV-CLS\McAfee\update.ini not opened for READ, error code: [0].

BTW, the other modules (updating/scanning) are working okay.

Also, prior downloading DAT File sdat4936.exe (Windows),
I run Erunt to restore my registry back to Jan 1 '07.

Could this action be the cause of the problem?

Sorry for failing to mention this in my original message.

Rgds.....Kayman.

( I had to fix your reply... )

Download; sdat4937.exe (Today)

Rename it to SETUP.EXE abd copy it to; c:\AV-CLS\McAfee

Run in Normal Mode, choose the McAfee module.

Do you get an error ?

If not, you can then choose to scan in Safe Mode.

PS: There is an updated version of the Multi AV Scanning Tool. You may want to try it.

From: Kayman on

From: "Kayman" <khkay@-invalid-mail.org>

| What if you run the McAfee module in Normal Mode ?
|
| Do you still get that error ?

No, Dave.

Running the McAfee Module in Normal Mode produces a
different error:

c:\AV-CLS\McAfee\update.ini not opened for READ, error code: [0].

BTW, the other modules (updating/scanning) are working okay.

Also, prior downloading DAT File sdat4936.exe (Windows),
I run Erunt to restore my registry back to Jan 1 '07.

Could this action be the cause of the problem?

Sorry for failing to mention this in my original message.

Rgds.....Kayman.

( I had to fix your reply... )

Download; sdat4937.exe (Today)

Rename it to SETUP.EXE abd copy it to; c:\AV-CLS\McAfee

Run in Normal Mode, choose the McAfee module.

Do you get an error ?

If not, you can then choose to scan in Safe Mode.

PS: There is an updated version of the Multi AV Scanning Tool. You may
want to try it.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Thanks for response, Dave.

I downloaded v5.00 of Multi AV Scanning Tool.
Then I run the 'Multi AV Scanning Tool - Menu' and pressed #3.
Result is shown below (there was just enough time to copy this):

xe06:23:52--
ftp://ftp.nai.speedera.net/pub/antivirus/superdat/intel/sdat4937.e
=> `sdat4937.exe'
Resolving ftp.nai.speedera.net... done.
Connecting to ftp.nai.speedera.net[216.143.70.11]:21... connected.
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done. ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done. ==> CWD /pub/antivirus/superdat/intel ... done.
==> PASV ... done. ==> RETR sdat4937.exe ... done.

[ <=> ] 2,417,760 5.55K/s

06:31:19 (5.55 KB/s) - Data connection: Unknown error; Data transfer
aborted.
Retrying.

xe06:31:26--
ftp://ftp.nai.speedera.net/pub/antivirus/superdat/intel/sdat4937.e
(try: 2) => `sdat4937.exe'
==> CWD not required.
==> SIZE sdat4937.exe ... done.
==> PASV ... done. ==> REST 2417760 ... done.
==> RETR sdat4937.exe ... done.
Length: 13,428,902 [11,011,142 to go]

44% [===============> ] 5,948,040 5.55K/s
ETA 21:56
---
The downloading operation (try 2) stopped suddenly and an Error window
popped-up indicating:

"SDStbRes.dll: The specified module could not be found."
---
I then downloaded sdat4937 from
http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/superdat.asp?region=us&segment=enterprise
,renamed it to < SETUP.EXE abd > and copied it to c:\AV-CLS\McAfee.

The SuperDAT Stub icon immediately changed to File (13,115KB) icon
(SETUP.EXE abd).

Then I re-downloaded sdat4937.exe renamed it to < setup.exe > and copied it
to c:\AV-CLS\McAfee.

Consequent scanning in normal mode and safe mode went flawless.

Thanks for your kind guidance.

Kayman.