From: Nikko on
Hi, <a href="mailto:Bill(a)NGC" target="_blank">Bill(a)NGC</a>
Have u got the link u said?
From: tbob on
GerdW:
&nbsp;
Your example isn't quite correct.&nbsp; The two structures are not starting at the same time because you have a wire from the first loop outside the sequence structures wired to only one sequence, the stacked one.&nbsp; If you add a wire to the flat sequence, both structures start at the same time and appear to execute equally, timewise.&nbsp; So I added some timers to both structures.&nbsp; Running this example shows that the stacked sequence performs a wee bit faster than the flat sequence.&nbsp; However, the time is so small that I would not even speak of this as meaning the stack is faster or has better performance than the flat.&nbsp; IMHO, the answer to the CLAD question is that both sequences have equal performance.&nbsp; The only difference between the two is that you can wire data to frames other than the first in the flat sequence.&nbsp; Even this makes no difference in performance between the two.
&nbsp;
Note:&nbsp; After running this example several times, I find that in one instance, the flat is faster, and in another instance the stack is faster.&nbsp; It varies with each run.&nbsp; Probably due to the OS not being deterministic.&nbsp; I still say their performances are equal.Message Edited by tbob on 05-14-2007 10:45 AM

demo_sequence_lv71[2].vi:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/247330/1/demo_sequence_lv71[2].vi