From: iballooka on
Any suggestions for a Mac friendly Sat Nav looking at the Garmin 1390T
any comments on this or alternatives....

Cheers

--
Mike
Peace and Happiness is a State of Mind....

From: Martin S Taylor on
iballooka wrote
> Any suggestions for a Mac friendly Sat Nav looking at the Garmin 1390T
> any comments on this or alternatives....

I've been very pleased with my Garmin 360. Garmin offer a Mac program which
updates the software whenever a new version comes out. (It doesn't update the
maps - you have to pay for those.)

MST

From: Peter Ceresole on
iballooka <kamtek(a)nospamtoday.hotmail.com> wrote:

> Any suggestions for a Mac friendly Sat Nav looking at the Garmin 1390T
> any comments on this or alternatives....

Tom-Tom? Works for me.
--
Peter
From: Andy Hewitt on
Peter Ceresole <peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> iballooka <kamtek(a)nospamtoday.hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions for a Mac friendly Sat Nav looking at the Garmin 1390T
> > any comments on this or alternatives....
>
> Tom-Tom? Works for me.

Yeah, I have a Tom Tom now, and that works just fine on my MacBook.

Some of the third party addons need a PC though.

--
Andy Hewitt
<http://web.me.com/andrewhewitt1/>
From: Stimpy on
On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 12:00:59 +0100, Peter Ceresole wrote
> iballooka <kamtek(a)nospamtoday.hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Any suggestions for a Mac friendly Sat Nav looking at the Garmin 1390T
>> any comments on this or alternatives....
>
> Tom-Tom? Works for me.

Yup. I've had a couple of Tomtoms and they both work fine with OSX.

The official 'Tomtom Home' software for OSX does everything you need
(Backups, installing updates, maps, POIs etc) so you never need to get into
manually copying stuff to/from the device.