From: Kenny McCormack on
I have some old code that uses these symbols (TCGETS, TCSETSF, TCSETSW)
that I would like to get compiled on MacOSX. None of these symbols
exist in any of the include files, as far as I can tell.

These symbols do exist on Solaris and on Linux. What are the MacOS
equivalents?

--
> No, I haven't, that's why I'm asking questions. If you won't help me,
> why don't you just go find your lost manhood elsewhere.

CLC in a nutshell.

From: Ian Collins on
On 05/26/10 12:33 PM, Kenny McCormack wrote:
> I have some old code that uses these symbols (TCGETS, TCSETSF, TCSETSW)
> that I would like to get compiled on MacOSX. None of these symbols
> exist in any of the include files, as far as I can tell.
>
> These symbols do exist on Solaris and on Linux. What are the MacOS
> equivalents?

Does MacOS have a termio man page?

--
Ian Collins
From: Kenny McCormack on
In article <8639cbFsqtU1(a)mid.individual.net>,
Ian Collins <ian-news(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>On 05/26/10 12:33 PM, Kenny McCormack wrote:
>> I have some old code that uses these symbols (TCGETS, TCSETSF, TCSETSW)
>> that I would like to get compiled on MacOSX. None of these symbols
>> exist in any of the include files, as far as I can tell.
>>
>> These symbols do exist on Solaris and on Linux. What are the MacOS
>> equivalents?
>
>Does MacOS have a termio man page?

termios, but not termio

--
(This discussion group is about C, ...)

Wrong. It is only OCCASIONALLY a discussion group
about C; mostly, like most "discussion" groups, it is
off-topic Rorsharch [sic] revelations of the childhood
traumas of the participants...

From: Scott Lurndal on
gazelle(a)shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack) writes:
>I have some old code that uses these symbols (TCGETS, TCSETSF, TCSETSW)
>that I would like to get compiled on MacOSX. None of these symbols
>exist in any of the include files, as far as I can tell.
>
>These symbols do exist on Solaris and on Linux. What are the MacOS
>equivalents?

You would probably be better off modifying the code to use the
tcgetattr/tcsetattr functions.

scott
From: Kenny McCormack on
In article <VfVLn.295126$Ma3.197290(a)news.usenetserver.com>,
Scott Lurndal <slp53(a)pacbell.net> wrote:
>gazelle(a)shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack) writes:
>>I have some old code that uses these symbols (TCGETS, TCSETSF, TCSETSW)
>>that I would like to get compiled on MacOSX. None of these symbols
>>exist in any of the include files, as far as I can tell.
>>
>>These symbols do exist on Solaris and on Linux. What are the MacOS
>>equivalents?
>
>You would probably be better off modifying the code to use the
>tcgetattr/tcsetattr functions.
>
>scott

Yes. That's what I ended up doing. Thanks.

I guess I thought that they would continue to support the old ways
forever, but, as they say, nothing lasts forever. Furthermore, looking
through the include files, it does look like they were trying to support
all the old ways (Look for symbol: USE_OLD_TTY), but didn't quite
achieve that.