From: Philippe Guglielmetti on
Tools/Sketch Tools/Repair Sketch is the function you need to use right
after importing a sketch.
It will do exactly what you want.
If you still have superimposed segments, then they're aren't perfectly
superimposed (not the same endpoints) and no macro can solve this.
If so, you might try to select chains of segments and copy them to
another sketch, or "use" them from a different sketch.

From: Zander on
On May 2, 1:47 am, Philippe Guglielmetti <goo...(a)goulu.net> wrote:
> Tools/Sketch Tools/Repair Sketch is the function you need to use right
> after importing a sketch.
> It will do exactly what you want.
> If you still have superimposed segments, then they're aren't perfectly
> superimposed (not the same endpoints) and no macro can solve this.
> If so, you might try to select chains of segments and copy them to
> another sketch, or "use" them from a different sketch.

Also, if I remember - autocad the an 'express tools' menu that has a
'delete duplicate items' which does contain a 'fuzz' factor. The
routine works very well.

Zander

From: "Jean Marc" jean-marc.brun -at- on
"Chris Dubea" <cdubea(a)movingpart.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
n02f33h575knv59mn8jkq0tpkluj33nisa(a)4ax.com...

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone seen a macro to detect multiple overlapping lines in
> sketches? I'm spending an awful lot of my time debugging crappily
> drawing AutoCAD dwg imports that lines on top of lines.

In those cases, I simply import the dwg as the first sketch, and start
another sketch that uses the first's geometry.
Hope i'm clear enough.

JM

From: Chris Dubea on

On 2 May 2007 04:50:43 -0700, Zander <bkandor(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Also, if I remember - autocad the an 'express tools' menu that has a
>'delete duplicate items' which does contain a 'fuzz' factor. The
>routine works very well.
>
>Zander

Unfortunately, I don't have access to AutoCAD, I use
DWGEditor/Intellicad at present. I had found a LISP gizmo that was to
have deleted these segments, but it's a compiled format and doesn't
work properly with DWGEditor/Intellicad.

Thanks to all who responded, particularly Phillippe!

From: kenneth on
"fcsuper" <fcsuper(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Chris,
>
> I know this isn't the answer you want, but if you are encountering
> issues with the importation of ACAD drawings into SolidWorks, then I
> highly recommend simply recreating the geometric natively in
> SolidWorks. You maybe using more time repairing crappy ACAD sketchs
> than you would if you created them from scratch within SolidWorks.
>
> Matt
> http://sw.fcsuper.com

some of the oem 2D geometry can be quite complex and could involve many
hours to recreate. yes, i concur. easier said than done. ;)