From: samurai on
On Wed, 2 May 2007 14:14:08 +0200, "Jean Marc" <jean-marc.brun -at-
tgcp.fr> wrote:

>"Chris Dubea" <cdubea(a)movingpart.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
>n02f33h575knv59mn8jkq0tpkluj33nisa(a)4ax.com...
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Has anyone seen a macro to detect multiple overlapping lines in
>> sketches? I'm spending an awful lot of my time debugging crappily
>> drawing AutoCAD dwg imports that lines on top of lines.
>
>In those cases, I simply import the dwg as the first sketch, and start
>another sketch that uses the first's geometry.
>Hope i'm clear enough.
>
>JM

When there are two or more lines sharing a common sketch end point,
those line will appear 'thin' compared to sketch lines that meet/share
one common end point.

And using the sketch repair tool helps quite a bit, but is not
perfect.

samurai.
From: Chris Dubea on

On Thu, 03 May 2007 14:42:49 GMT, samurai <sammer003(a)yahoo.ca.SPAM>
wrote:

>When there are two or more lines sharing a common sketch end point,
>those line will appear 'thin' compared to sketch lines that meet/share
>one common end point.

This is how it's supposed to behave, but I've found it's not
consistent.

One of the problems is I use GhostScript/GhostView to extract dxf's
from PDF catalog pages for those vendors who are afraid to give us CAD
files. Unfortunately these extractions tend to be the worst offenders
as in a lot of cases there are multiple overlays of lines. When faced
with this, I usually use the imported sketch as a baseline for the
sketch to create my geometry from.

>And using the sketch repair tool helps quite a bit, but is not
>perfect.

I've found that as well :<

Thanks to all who responded.

From: Ed on
This is an older post but here are two ideas for you:

The first is that in ACAD when the file is saved out in one of the 2D
transfer formats, (unfortunately I can't remember which one it is
anymore) that the 3D geometery from ACAD gets flattened into a 2D
drawing. A lot of folks believe that ACAD is a 2D animal but it
really is 3D wireframe and when looking straight on it looks 2D. A
good example of this wold be a simple cube. Straight on there are
really two edges for every line and a line that shows up as an
endpoint at each corner. The Flatten problem has been an issue with
ACAD for a long time. If you look around for a tool called "flatten"
you should be able to find an AutoLisp routine that could help you.

On a more straight forward approach if you make a sketch "above" the
ported in sketch, (inside of SW) and then by selecting one edge at a
time from the origional sketch and projecting, (ie. convert entity)
you should be able to fairly easily recreate a copy that should be
much easier then starting from scratch. Be sure that the
associativity is turned off and then the origional ported sketch can
be discarded at the end.

Hope this helps,

EdT