From: msnyc07 on
I am trying to automate putting a sheet value into Row I. My manual method
is to paste the formula in I2 (since values begin on Row 2), then go to A2,
Ctrl Down until I hit the last record (there are cases where there are blanks
so sometimes I need to do this a few times) and when I reach it tab back over
to the same row in I and Ctrl-Shift Arrow Up and then Fill Down.

Somehow this doesn't work very well when recorded as a macro, any
suggestions appreciated.

In my ideal world in fact once this script worked for a page I'd have a VBA
script that would step through each page and apply the function and voila!
From: Don Guillett on
mc="c"
lr=cells(rows.count,mc).end(xlup).row

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"msnyc07" <msnyc07(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to automate putting a sheet value into Row I. My manual method
> is to paste the formula in I2 (since values begin on Row 2), then go to
> A2,
> Ctrl Down until I hit the last record (there are cases where there are
> blanks
> so sometimes I need to do this a few times) and when I reach it tab back
> over
> to the same row in I and Ctrl-Shift Arrow Up and then Fill Down.
>
> Somehow this doesn't work very well when recorded as a macro, any
> suggestions appreciated.
>
> In my ideal world in fact once this script worked for a page I'd have a
> VBA
> script that would step through each page and apply the function and voila!

Pages: 1
Prev: Date Help
Next: frustrated excel newbie