From: FSt1 on
hi
format the cell with the validation to date. if formated as general, you
will get the serial date number.

Regards
FSt1

From: Fred Smith on
The first thing you are doing wrong is not telling us what you want to do.
What are you using the drop down box for (why use it at all?), what are you
trying to do, and what solution are you looking for?

As an aside, 6/31/2010 is not a valid date. Is this your problem?

Regards,
Fred

From: Steve Dunn on
Format (press Ctrl+1, and look in the Number tab) your input cell to display
the Date "mm/dd/yyyy" rather than the serial number.