From: Peter Ceresole on
I have a Magic Mouse, delivered with my iMac a week ago.

Looking at the description in the Bluetooth tab, it says the battery
charge on the mouse is 82%. Does this mean that they should last about
12 weeks before they need changing?

Which, incidentally, doesn't seem like a hugely long time.
--
Peter
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:18:39 +0100, peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk (Peter
Ceresole) wrote:

>I have a Magic Mouse, delivered with my iMac a week ago.
>
>Looking at the description in the Bluetooth tab, it says the battery
>charge on the mouse is 82%. Does this mean that they should last about
>12 weeks before they need changing?

Doesn't sound too far off - I think mine went 10 weeks on the supplied
batteries. More like three weeks off my knackered old rechargables
though.

And OSX's mouse power warning panel suggests *buying new batteries*
rather than recharging. Tut!

>Which, incidentally, doesn't seem like a hugely long time.

Mousing takes a lot more power than keyboards, lots more signalling -
they can last over a year for me.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"Whenever the literary German dives into a sentence, that is the last
you are going to see of him until he emerges on the other side of the
From: Peter Ceresole on
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

> Doesn't sound too far off - I think mine went 10 weeks on the supplied
> batteries. More like three weeks off my knackered old rechargables
> though.

Thanks for the hedzup. I had no standard of comparison.

> Mousing takes a lot more power than keyboards, lots more signalling -
> they can last over a year for me.

My keyboard is a TactilePro, firmly wired. The Chiclet keyboard is okay,
but with a TactilePro available, 'okay' isn't anything like good enough.

The Chiclet won't pair with my old iG5 and its Bluetooth dongle, so I've
hauled out of the cupboard my Nimitz and its USB/serial adapter. Both
are going to Geneva this summer to replace my TiBook...

Cry for me, why don't you...
--
Peter
From: Peter Ceresole on
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

> Doesn't sound too far off - I think mine went 10 weeks on the supplied
> batteries. More like three weeks off my knackered old rechargables
> though.

Coincidentally I've got a relatively new set of rechargables of the
right kind; the real pain in the bum is that, as far as I can see, if I
lose the mouse's wireless connection while changing the batteries, I
need to plug in a wired mouse to reconnect. Which seems naff to me...

No problems with a laptop, but silly with the iMac.
--
Peter
From: Jim on
Peter Ceresole <peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Coincidentally I've got a relatively new set of rechargables of the
> right kind; the real pain in the bum is that, as far as I can see, if I
> lose the mouse's wireless connection while changing the batteries, I
> need to plug in a wired mouse to reconnect. Which seems naff to me...

I've ot seen that here. Changing the batteries on my Magic Mouse simply
involves it losing conection for about a minute, then it reconects.

Incidentally, if you use rechargables you probably won't get a 100%
charge reading - more like low 80's. I guess that's due to rechargables
being 1.2V rather than 1.5V

Jim
--
"Microsoft admitted its Vista operating system was a 'less good
product' in what IT experts have described as the most ambitious
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: DBH panniers need new clips
Next: Works outing 2010