From: gtr on
I'm typing a letter in Apple's Mail program and inexplicably it has
started splitting words for the next line wherever it likes. It doesn't
break it naturally the way it has forever, with whole words being at
the the end or beginning of a line. What could cause this?

Example:

It looks like the this: At the end of a line (without me providing a
hard return) It simply sp
lits in the middle of a word. (Like "splits" done here *with* a hard
return). I've got a b
unch of words split after 1, 2 or 3 letters, it is formatting to fit my
open window. I'm not su
re if it will display this way, but will bcc myself to find out.

But format of received document is irrelevant--it makes me crazy to see
it on the screen!

Somebody help me out here...
--
If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

From: gtr on
On 2010-07-09 09:28:17 -0700, gtr said:

> I'm typing a letter in Apple's Mail program and inexplicably it has
> started splitting words for the next line wherever it likes. It doesn't
> break it naturally the way it has forever, with whole words being at
> the the end or beginning of a line. What could cause this?
>
> Example:
>
> It looks like the this: At the end of a line (without me providing a
> hard return) It simply sp
> lits in the middle of a word. (Like "splits" done here *with* a hard
> return). I've got a b
> unch of words split after 1, 2 or 3 letters, it is formatting to fit my
> open window. I'm not su
> re if it will display this way, but will bcc myself to find out.
>
> But format of received document is irrelevant--it makes me crazy to see
> it on the screen!
>
> Somebody help me out here...

Yikes. It actually sends the email in this loosey-goosey format that
doesn't respect word splits!
--
If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

From: gtr on
On 2010-07-09 10:55:43 -0700, gtr said:

> On 2010-07-09 09:28:17 -0700, gtr said:
>
>> I'm typing a letter in Apple's Mail program and inexplicably it has
>> started splitting words for the next line wherever it likes. It doesn't
>> break it naturally the way it has forever, with whole words being at
>> the the end or beginning of a line. What could cause this?
>>
>> Example:
>>
>> It looks like the this: At the end of a line (without me providing a
>> hard return) It simply sp
>> lits in the middle of a word. (Like "splits" done here *with* a hard
>> return). I've got a b
>> unch of words split after 1, 2 or 3 letters, it is formatting to fit my
>> open window. I'm not su
>> re if it will display this way, but will bcc myself to find out.
>>
>> But format of received document is irrelevant--it makes me crazy to see
>> it on the screen!
>>
>> Somebody help me out here...
>
> Yikes. It actually sends the email in this loosey-goosey format that
> doesn't respect word splits!

Well that was a strange day. I rebooted my machine and all seems well
again. How very odd. Thanks for listening!
--
If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?