From: MacGuy on
When I start up I occasionally find "Recovered Files" in my trash. I
just empty trash and continue, but why does this happen? I found it
happening all the time with previous OS versions but now I'm starting
to see it come back. What is this file and what should I do about it,
if anything? Thanks.

From: Fred McKenzie on
In article
<445a6b01-5003-453e-b917-393f8641fab2(a)w15g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,
MacGuy <flyme2009(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> When I start up I occasionally find "Recovered Files" in my trash. I
> just empty trash and continue, but why does this happen? I found it
> happening all the time with previous OS versions but now I'm starting
> to see it come back. What is this file and what should I do about it,
> if anything? Thanks.

MacGuy-

I think these are often temporary files that are no longer needed.

I've noticed that photos pasted into E-Mails I receive, show up in the
Recovered Files folder with a garbage name after rebooting the computer.
One way to check is to Control-Click (Right-Click) on one and select the
Quick Look option.

This is actually a handy feature, because AOL's mail program doesn't
display some photos. I have to reboot the computer and retrieve them
from the Recovered Files folder!

Fred
From: Jolly Roger on
In article
<445a6b01-5003-453e-b917-393f8641fab2(a)w15g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,
MacGuy <flyme2009(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> When I start up I occasionally find "Recovered Files" in my trash. I
> just empty trash and continue, but why does this happen? I found it
> happening all the time with previous OS versions but now I'm starting
> to see it come back. What is this file and what should I do about it,
> if anything? Thanks.

Various things cause this. Generally the files are temporary files that
are no longer needed. To know what causes it in your particular case
requires more information. Next time it happens, open the folder and see
what is inside. The files inside of this folder should give you a clue
as to why it is happening.

JR