From: Gordon Gekko on
iMac 21.5", OS X 10.6.4.

My Time Machine drive was disconnected for a few days and when I
reconnected it, the next backup was scheduled 55 minutes in the future.
I wanted to force a backup immediately-- but don't see a way to do that.

What am I missing?
From: Dave Fritzinger on
On Jul 9, 9:31 am, Gordon Gekko <gor...(a)wallst.net> wrote:
> iMac 21.5", OS X 10.6.4.
>
> My Time Machine drive was disconnected for a few days and when I
> reconnected it, the next backup was scheduled 55 minutes in the future.
> I wanted to force a backup immediately-- but don't see a way to do that.
>
> What am I missing?

If you have the time machine icon in your menubar, click on it, and
select "Back up now".

HTH
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <i17tel$e2k$1(a)news.albasani.net>,
Gordon Gekko <gordon(a)wallst.net> wrote:

> iMac 21.5", OS X 10.6.4.
>
> My Time Machine drive was disconnected for a few days and when I
> reconnected it, the next backup was scheduled 55 minutes in the future.
> I wanted to force a backup immediately-- but don't see a way to do that.
>
> What am I missing?

See "Manually begin a Time Machine backup" here:

<http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1427>

JR
From: Gordon Gekko on
On 7/9/10 3:31 PM, Gordon Gekko wrote:
> iMac 21.5", OS X 10.6.4.
>
> My Time Machine drive was disconnected for a few days and when I
> reconnected it, the next backup was scheduled 55 minutes in the future.
> I wanted to force a backup immediately-- but don't see a way to do that.
>
> What am I missing?

Thanks all, now I see it. I can right click on the TM icon in the dock
and select Back Up Now
From: Barry Margolin on
In article <i185ji$qb9$1(a)news.albasani.net>,
Gordon Gekko <gordon(a)wallst.net> wrote:

> On 7/9/10 3:31 PM, Gordon Gekko wrote:
> > iMac 21.5", OS X 10.6.4.
> >
> > My Time Machine drive was disconnected for a few days and when I
> > reconnected it, the next backup was scheduled 55 minutes in the future.
> > I wanted to force a backup immediately-- but don't see a way to do that.
> >
> > What am I missing?
>

> Thanks all, now I see it. I can right click on the TM icon in the dock
> and select Back Up Now

You can also left click on it and see the same thing.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar(a)alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA