From: Gordon Gekko on
On 7/9/10 10:00 PM, Barry Margolin wrote:
> In article<i185ji$qb9$1(a)news.albasani.net>,
> Gordon Gekko<gordon(a)wallst.net> wrote:
>
>> On 7/9/10 3:31 PM, Gordon Gekko wrote:
>>> iMac 21.5", OS X 10.6.4.
>>>
>>> My Time Machine drive was disconnected for a few days and when I
>>> reconnected it, the next backup was scheduled 55 minutes in the future.
>>> I wanted to force a backup immediately-- but don't see a way to do that.
>>>
>>> What am I missing?
>>

>> Thanks all, now I see it. I can right click on the TM icon in the dock
>> and select Back Up Now
>
> You can also left click on it and see the same thing.

That doesn't work on my computer-- a left click brings up the TM screen
and there are no menus there.
From: Barry Margolin on
In article <i19mr3$2sj$1(a)news.albasani.net>,
Gordon Gekko <gordon(a)wallst.net> wrote:

> On 7/9/10 10:00 PM, Barry Margolin wrote:
> > In article<i185ji$qb9$1(a)news.albasani.net>,
> > Gordon Gekko<gordon(a)wallst.net> wrote:

> >> Thanks all, now I see it. I can right click on the TM icon in the dock
> >> and select Back Up Now
> >
> > You can also left click on it and see the same thing.
> >

> That doesn't work on my computer-- a left click brings up the TM screen
> and there are no menus there.

Oops, I misread, I thought you said the icon in the menu bar, not the
dock.

I took TM out of my dock the minute it first showed up, as the menu bar
icon is sufficient and uses much less screen space.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar(a)alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA
From: Wes Groleau on
On 07-10-2010 12:58, Barry Margolin wrote:
> I took TM out of my dock the minute it first showed up, as the menu bar
> icon is sufficient and uses much less screen space.

:-) I just did the same for the same reason, though I must confess
I didn't think of it till you mentioned it.

--
Wes Groleau

"To know what you prefer, instead of humbly saying
Amen to what the world tells you you should prefer,
is to have kept your soul alive."
-- Robert Louis Stevenson