From: Mirsky on
Hi. I use Mail version 4.3 and I've had a POP account since I began
using the internet in 1992.

I'm interested in changing my account to IMap, but I have some questions.

I use Mail's Rules extensively and have ten Smart Folders and about 30
more folders into which my mail is automatically filtered. Will the
Rules still work with IMap?

Also, I use MailTags, which allows me to add tags and categories to my
mail. According to their website, MailTags is not compatible with
Gmail's version of IMap. Can anyone recommend a different IMap provider
to try?

Thanks a lot.
From: Barry Margolin on
In article <mirsky-61C613.15064617072010(a)free.teranews.com>,
Mirsky <mirsky(a)mirsky.com> wrote:

> Hi. I use Mail version 4.3 and I've had a POP account since I began
> using the internet in 1992.
>
> I'm interested in changing my account to IMap, but I have some questions.
>
> I use Mail's Rules extensively and have ten Smart Folders and about 30
> more folders into which my mail is automatically filtered. Will the
> Rules still work with IMap?

Yes.

> Also, I use MailTags, which allows me to add tags and categories to my
> mail. According to their website, MailTags is not compatible with
> Gmail's version of IMap. Can anyone recommend a different IMap provider
> to try?

I assume you want something free, like Gmail? I don't think Hotmail or
Yahoo Mail offer IMAP or POP as part of their free services, you have to
upgrade to their paid premiere services to get anything other than
webmail.

Does your ISP offer IMAP?

--
Barry Margolin, barmar(a)alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA
From: Mirsky on
In article
<barmar-E2F480.00173418072010(a)62-183-169-81.bb.dnainternet.fi>,
Barry Margolin <barmar(a)alum.mit.edu> wrote:

..

> Does your ISP offer IMAP?

I'm pretty sure it doesn�t.
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <mirsky-5B9270.10260218072010(a)free.teranews.com>,
Mirsky <mirsky(a)mirsky.com> wrote:

> In article
> <barmar-E2F480.00173418072010(a)62-183-169-81.bb.dnainternet.fi>,
> Barry Margolin <barmar(a)alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> > Does your ISP offer IMAP?
>
> I'm pretty sure it doesn�t.

Then you're stuck with POP unless you use another ISP or email service
that does offer IMAP.

JR