Prev: Squeezebox?
Next: Cheeky
From: Sara on

Lately when we here at work auto-attach something to Mail (i.e. from
within another app, choosing 'send via email' or similar) the email
produced is black, all black with text kind of showing blue. The
attachment is there somewhere, but you'd never find it.

My google-fu is poor, because I can't see any other complaints on line
and I can't believe we're the only sufferers. Anyone heard anything
about this?

--
Sara

Run out of ideas for a sig for the moment
From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-07-13 14:43:50 +0100, Sara said:

> Lately when we here at work auto-attach something to Mail (i.e. from
> within another app, choosing 'send via email' or similar) the email
> produced is black, all black with text kind of showing blue. The
> attachment is there somewhere, but you'd never find it.
>
> My google-fu is poor, because I can't see any other complaints on line
> and I can't believe we're the only sufferers. Anyone heard anything
> about this?

Yes, Mail uses WebKit to display stuff, and there's some sort of bug in
the CSS that Mail is using. This should help:

<http://www.hawkwings.net/2010/07/02/10-6-4s-black-email-of-death/>
--
Chris

From: Sara on
In article <8a39djFqo2U1(a)mid.individual.net>,
Chris Ridd <chrisridd(a)mac.com> wrote:

> On 2010-07-13 14:43:50 +0100, Sara said:
>
> > Lately when we here at work auto-attach something to Mail (i.e. from
> > within another app, choosing 'send via email' or similar) the email
> > produced is black, all black with text kind of showing blue. The
> > attachment is there somewhere, but you'd never find it.
> >
> > My google-fu is poor, because I can't see any other complaints on line
> > and I can't believe we're the only sufferers. Anyone heard anything
> > about this?
>
> Yes, Mail uses WebKit to display stuff, and there's some sort of bug in
> the CSS that Mail is using. This should help:
>
> <http://www.hawkwings.net/2010/07/02/10-6-4s-black-email-of-death/>

Ta - I knew it couldn't only be me.

From: John Hill on
Chris Ridd <chrisridd(a)mac.com> wrote:

> On 2010-07-13 14:43:50 +0100, Sara said:
>
> > Lately when we here at work auto-attach something to Mail (i.e. from
> > within another app, choosing 'send via email' or similar) the email
> > produced is black, all black with text kind of showing blue. The
> > attachment is there somewhere, but you'd never find it.
> >
> > My google-fu is poor, because I can't see any other complaints on line
> > and I can't believe we're the only sufferers. Anyone heard anything
> > about this?
>
> Yes, Mail uses WebKit to display stuff, and there's some sort of bug in
> the CSS that Mail is using. This should help:
>
> <http://www.hawkwings.net/2010/07/02/10-6-4s-black-email-of-death/>

There has been some correspondence in the GraphicConverter forum about
problems sending pictures by e-mail from within GC. It seems they come
out funny sizes. Thorsten saya it is the same problem.

John.
--
Please reply to john at yclept dot wanadoo dot co dot uk.

Pages: 1
Prev: Squeezebox?
Next: Cheeky