From: Vern Rabe on
I'm moving mailboxes from one Ex 2010 server to another. Several have moved
fine, but the one I'm on now seems to be "stuck". Mailbox size is 1.17 GB.
Get-MoveRequestStatistics shows 95% completion with a status of
CompletionInProgress. Unfortunately, it has shown this status for 24 hours
now. Suspend-MoveRequest fails because "The completion process has begun...",
and of course I can't Remove-MoveRequest. I have restarted both servers with
no change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Vern Rabe
From: John Oliver, Jr. [MVP] on
Anything fired off in the event logs regarding this? Running RU2?

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

From: Vern Rabe on
Yes, since I first posted I've gathered more information. In the event log
there are many error entries. Some examples:

Performance counter updating error. Counter name is Total Number of Failed
PIN Reset Requests, category name is MSExchangeUMClientAccess. Optional code:
3. Exception: The exception thrown is : System.InvalidOperationException: The
requested Performance Counter is not a custom counter, it has to be
initialized as ReadOnly.

Active Manager failed to mount database Mailbox Database 0923462786 on
server LSM.RABE.NET. Error: An Active Manager operation failed with a
transient error. Please retry the operation. Error: A transient error
occurred during discovery of the database availability group topology. Error:
Database action failed with transient error. Error: A transient error
occurred during a database operation. Error: MapiExceptionNetworkError:
Unable to make admin interface connection to server

The Microsoft Exchange Mail Submission service is currently unable to
contact any Hub Transport servers in the local Active Directory site. The
servers may be too busy to accept new connections at this time.

Exchange Search Indexer has failed to crawl the mailbox
(a91f0601-6e2e-4152-ad0c-9dad339de2e0) in database (Mailbox Database
0923462786) due to error:
(Microsoft.Exchange.Search.MailboxCrawlFailedException: Failed to get entry
id or create folders to index --->
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.MailboxInTransitException: Cannot open
mailbox /o=Rabe Organization/ou=Exchange Administrative Group
(FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=LSM/cn=Microsoft System
Attendant. ---> Microsoft.Mapi.MapiExceptionMailboxInTransit:
MapiExceptionMailboxInTransit: Unable to open message store.

I'm guessing that the above is a result, not a cause, of being in a
perpetual CompletionInProgress mode. Another:

There are 5 RPC requests for the mailbox "/o=Rabe Organization/ou=First
Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Vern" on the database "/o=Rabe
Organization/ou=Exchange Administrative Group
(FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=LSM/cn=Microsoft Private
MDB" that have taken an abnormally long time to complete. This may be
indicative of performance issues with your server.

Again, I think it's a result, not a cause. In addition, there are constant
warnings of failed logon:

User Vern Rabe (/o=Rabe Organization/ou=First Administrative
Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Vern) failed to log on because their mailbox is in the
process of being moved.

thanks for any assistance/direction.
Vern Rabe

From: Vern Rabe on
After my last post, I installed RU3 (RU2?) on the target server, and within
30 minutes the move completed.

Thanks for heading me in the right direction.

Vern Rabe

From: John Oliver, Jr. [MVP] on
Ah, missed RU3 was latest. Glad to hear things are working now.