From: Duchess on

I just got a new computer with Windows 7 64-bit and Windows came without
an email client. I first started using Mozilla Firebird, but don't like
it so I also installed Outlook 2002 that came with Microsoft Office.

Now I have a problem making Outlook the default email client. I've
tried every thing, searched Windows, other forums and Google. I've set
Outlook to be the default in IE8 and in Control Panel, but mail keeps
being delivered by Thunderbird.

What can I do to make Outlook the default other than removing
Thnderbird which I'll do if it becomes necessary.

--
Duchess
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Duchess" <Duchess.4aiiby(a)invalid> wrote in message

> I just got a new computer with Windows 7 64-bit and Windows came without
> an email client. I first started using Mozilla Firebird, but don't like
> it so I also installed Outlook 2002 that came with Microsoft Office.
>
> Now I have a problem making Outlook the default email client. I've
> tried every thing, searched Windows, other forums and Google. I've set
> Outlook to be the default in IE8 and in Control Panel, but mail keeps
> being delivered by Thunderbird.
>
> What can I do to make Outlook the default other than removing
> Thnderbird which I'll do if it becomes necessary.

Outlook 2002 is not compatible with Windows 7. Among the problems you'll see
are the lack of Outlook's ability to retain passwords and the lack of the
ability to make Outlook the default mail client. I believe the
incompatibility manifests in other ways as well.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]