From: RonTheGuy on
I want to make a QuickTime movie that consists of moving color bars to
use as a test pattern. I have Photoshop CS4 and, of course, iMovie. How
can I do that with these or other cheap/free tools available?
Ron
From: Kevin McMurtrie on
In article
<not-B7E9DE.08565314072010(a)24-158-227-212.dhcp.leds.al.charter.com>,
RonTheGuy <not(a)null.invalid> wrote:

> I want to make a QuickTime movie that consists of moving color bars to
> use as a test pattern. I have Photoshop CS4 and, of course, iMovie. How
> can I do that with these or other cheap/free tools available?
> Ron

Quartz Composer.app might do the trick. It has a steep learning curve
but it lets you define dynamic sound and graphics component interaction.
The components can be displayed in an Quartz aware app, including the
MacOS screen saver.
From: AES on
In article
<not-B7E9DE.08565314072010(a)24-158-227-212.dhcp.leds.al.charter.com>,
RonTheGuy <not(a)null.invalid> wrote:

> I want to make a QuickTime movie that consists of moving color bars to
> use as a test pattern. I have Photoshop CS4 and, of course, iMovie. How
> can I do that with these or other cheap/free tools available?
> Ron

If you can find a friend or colleague who has Mathematica and some
elementary knowledge of how to use it, it would be pretty easy to make
and Export a simple -- or even quite sophisticated -- movie of this type.

(Or a Mathematica Player notebook that you could play by itself, on any
other machine, without you owning Mathematica itself.)