From: Mirsky on
Hi. I'm writing a long document in Pages. I added page numbers and they
are in the footer of each page. However, I can't select them or delete
them.

I added another page number just to see if it would behave differently.
I put it in the same footer. It did behave differently � I could delete
and select them.

I have no idea what I did differently when creating the first page
numbers. Any clue? I'm going crazy trying to figure it out.

Thanks
From: David Empson on
Mirsky <mirsky(a)mirsky.com> wrote:

> Hi. I'm writing a long document in Pages. I added page numbers and they
> are in the footer of each page. However, I can't select them or delete
> them.
>
> I added another page number just to see if it would behave differently.
> I put it in the same footer. It did behave differently — I could delete
> and select them.
>
> I have no idea what I did differently when creating the first page
> numbers. Any clue? I'm going crazy trying to figure it out.

Perhaps you have a layering problem: the original page number may be in
a text box or footer which has another object (e.g. image or text box)
on top of it, preventing you from selecting the text in the original
footer.

There should be a visible clue of this: if you click on the footer where
you have the original page number, it will select another graphical
object on the page, with handles in the corners and the middle of the
edges.

You can drag that object out of the way temporarily, to gain access to
the footer, or you may be able to click in an exposed area of the footer
and do a "Select All" to select the original page number.

--
David Empson
dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz