From: Compfix on
I found an odd entry in my registry of 'Pocket soft' which referred to 2 dll
files patch32w.dll and pw32a.dll, both of which were in my windows directory
as opposed to the normal location for dll files. Has anyone got any ideas
what these are for and if they are malware or virus.

Bob

From: Nick Skrepetos on

Compfix wrote:
> I found an odd entry in my registry of 'Pocket soft' which referred to 2 dll
> files patch32w.dll and pw32a.dll, both of which were in my windows directory
> as opposed to the normal location for dll files. Has anyone got any ideas
> what these are for and if they are malware or virus.
>
> Bob

Send the files to samples AT superantispyware.com and I will take a
look.

Nick Skrepetos
SUPERAntiSpyware.com
http://www.superantispyware.com

From: Ze Muffinman on
Do you play online games? I researched it, and it appears to be a
patch for Halo or a game like Halo.

From: Kerry Brown on
Compfix wrote:
> I found an odd entry in my registry of 'Pocket soft' which referred
> to 2 dll files patch32w.dll and pw32a.dll, both of which were in my
> windows directory as opposed to the normal location for dll files. Has
> anyone got any ideas what these are for and if they are malware
> or virus.
> Bob

Pocket Soft has been around for years.

http://www.pocketsoft.com/

I remember using rtpatch with Clipper a dBase compiler from the DOS days.
They are a legitimate company. Some game companies use their products to
update their games without a reinstall. If the files are from Pocket Soft
they are OK. What does your anti-malware software say when you scan them?

--
Kerry Brown

From: Compfix on

"Ze Muffinman" <truemuffinman(a)poetictimes.com> wrote in message
> Do you play online games? I researched it, and it appears to be a
> patch for Halo or a game like Halo.
> Compfix wrote:
>> I found an odd entry in my registry of 'Pocket soft' which referred to 2
>> dll
>> files patch32w.dll and pw32a.dll, both of which were in my windows
>> directory
>> as opposed to the normal location for dll files. Has anyone got any
>> ideas
>> what these are for and if they are malware or virus.
>>
>> Bob

That's strange as I don't play on line games. However I logged on to a site
for my son to organise a subscription for an on line game, so maybe that is
where it came from. Thanks for finding out for me.
Bob

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: What is this software?