From: mariorivera1974 on
Hi all,

I have remote 2 user sessions on win 2003 box which i wish to have
running at all times. The sessions sometimes misbehave causing win2003
to reboot.

I would like to automatically recreate a client remote session when a
server restarts. It is going to be the same two users every time.

I was thinking of having a client session initiated with a bootup
script, and then disconnected (not terminated).

What components could I use for this, I've tried MsTscAx.MsTscAx.4 .
I have attached a simple snippet of what I was thinking of executing.
This doesn't even work from a second host, in a normal user session,
hence my doubts about the suitability of the component I'm using.

Thanks in advance
mr

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Sub ExecuteConnection(strServer, strUser, strPW)
' create the client
Dim objMsRdpClient
Set objMsRdpClient = CreateObject("MsTscAx.MsTscAx.4")
objMsRdpClient.Server = strServer
objMsRdpClient.UserName =strUser
objMsRdpClient.FullScreen = false
objMsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.RedirectDrives = False
objMsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.RedirectPrinters = False
objMsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.RedirectPorts = False
objMsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.RedirectSmartCards = False

objMsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.ClearTextPassword = strPW
objMsRdpClient.StartConnected = True
WScript.echo "Before connecting"
dim intResult

' The following call returns immediately
intResult = objMsRdpClient.Connect
WScript.echo "After connecting Result: " & intResult

WScript.sleep 10000
objMsRdpClient.Disconnect
End Sub

From: mariorivera1974 on
mariorivera1974(a)yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have remote 2 user sessions on win 2003 box which i wish to have
> running at all times. The sessions sometimes misbehave causing win2003
> to reboot.
>
> I would like to automatically recreate a client remote session when a
> server restarts. It is going to be the same two users every time.
>
> I was thinking of having a client session initiated with a bootup
> script, and then disconnected (not terminated).
>
> What components could I use for this, I've tried MsTscAx.MsTscAx.4 .
> I have attached a simple snippet of what I was thinking of executing.
> This doesn't even work from a second host, in a normal user session,
> hence my doubts about the suitability of the component I'm using.
>
> Thanks in advance
> mr
>
> ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
> ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
> Sub ExecuteConnection(strServer, strUser, strPW)
> ' create the client
> Dim objMsRdpClient
> Set objMsRdpClient = CreateObject("MsTscAx.MsTscAx.4")
> objMsRdpClient.Server = strServer
> objMsRdpClient.UserName =strUser
> objMsRdpClient.FullScreen = false
> objMsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.RedirectDrives = False
> objMsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.RedirectPrinters = False
> objMsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.RedirectPorts = False
> objMsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.RedirectSmartCards = False
>
> objMsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.ClearTextPassword = strPW
> objMsRdpClient.StartConnected = True
> WScript.echo "Before connecting"
> dim intResult
>
> ' The following call returns immediately
> intResult = objMsRdpClient.Connect
> WScript.echo "After connecting Result: " & intResult
>
> WScript.sleep 10000
> objMsRdpClient.Disconnect
> End Sub

no-one on this? not even a pointer somewhere?

From: Rob Leitman [MS] on
What fails, connecting to the computer, or disconnecting the session?

If the latter, why not create a logon script that calls tsdiscon.exe to
disconnect the session?

Rob