From: thinkbsd on
Hello everyone. I'm curious to know if anyone has managed to set this
up in their environment(s).

Currently, we have a user that manages two mailboxes, his own and a
group mailbox. His daily tasks include checking the incoming messages
from the group mailbox and responding to them. What he's been finding
is if he responds to any emails within the group mailbox, and chooses
to send FROM the group mailbox, when the message is sent Outlook drops
the message into his personal mailbox, rather than the group mailbox.
Normally this would be okay, but since this same mailbox is managed by
multiple users, it's hard for them to figure out if a certain message
has been responded to.

What I'd like to happen is either a HUB transport rule (if possible)
to move the message sent FROM the group mailbox and have it placed in
the 'Sent' items folder under the group mailbox.

Does this make sense?
From: Clayton Sutton on
What the user has to do is make sure the "FROM" field is displayed in the
*New* email msg. in Outlook and type (or select from the GAL) the eamil
address of the group mailbox. Then it will turly be "FROM" the group
mailbox. If the user leaves the "FROM" field blank, it will always be from
them (their personal mailbox).

Clayton

From: thinkbsd on
On Jul 1, 11:04 am, "Clayton Sutton" <NoS...(a)nospam.com> wrote:
> What the user has to do is make sure the "FROM" field is displayed in the
> *New* email msg. in Outlook and type (or select from the GAL) the eamil
> address of the group mailbox.  Then it will turly be "FROM" the group
> mailbox.  If the user leaves the "FROM" field blank, it will always be from
> them (their personal mailbox).
>
> Clayton
>
> "thinkbsd" <think...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello everyone. I'm curious to know if anyone has managed to set this
> > up in their environment(s).
>
> > Currently, we have a user that manages two mailboxes, his own and a
> > group mailbox. His daily tasks include checking the incoming messages
> > from the group mailbox and responding to them. What he's been finding
> > is if he responds to any emails within the group mailbox, and chooses
> > to send FROM the group mailbox, when the message is sent Outlook drops
> > the message into his personal mailbox, rather than the group mailbox.
> > Normally this would be okay, but since this same mailbox is managed by
> > multiple users, it's hard for them to figure out if a certain message
> > has been responded to.
>
> > What I'd like to happen is either a HUB transport rule (if possible)
> > to move the message sent FROM the group mailbox and have it placed in
> > the 'Sent' items folder under the group mailbox.
>
> > Does this make sense?

They are already doing that but when they send the e-mail message, the
message goes to the users sent items folder rather than the group
mailbox sent items folder. This is what we're trying to accomplish.
From: Clayton Sutton on
Domb I know, but that is the way Microsoft made it to work. Check out the
following two links:

http://forums.msexchange.org/m_1800421571/tm.htm

http://www.ivasoft.biz/unisent.shtml

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 10:30:18 -0700 (PDT), thinkbsd <thinkbsd(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hello everyone. I'm curious to know if anyone has managed to set this
>up in their environment(s).
>
>Currently, we have a user that manages two mailboxes, his own and a
>group mailbox. His daily tasks include checking the incoming messages
>from the group mailbox and responding to them. What he's been finding
>is if he responds to any emails within the group mailbox, and chooses
>to send FROM the group mailbox, when the message is sent Outlook drops
>the message into his personal mailbox, rather than the group mailbox.

That's the way it's designed to work. The message is sent by the
mailbox in the Outlook profile regardless of who that mailbox is
impersonating.

>Normally this would be okay, but since this same mailbox is managed by
>multiple users, it's hard for them to figure out if a certain message
>has been responded to.

Drag the message out of the personal mailbox an into the "other"
mailbox.

>What I'd like to happen is either a HUB transport rule (if possible)
>to move the message sent FROM the group mailbox and have it placed in
>the 'Sent' items folder under the group mailbox.
>
>Does this make sense?

It does from the perspective of the way you expect it to work, but not
from the way it was designed to work.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP