From: Carroll Bailey Carroll on
I want to manually archive e-mails in my Personal Folders- Inbox and Sent
Items subfolders. I have Auto Archive turned OFF for all Personal Folders
Subfolders. My Inbox and Sent Items folders are very large and I want to copy
everything in them prior to 01/01/2009 to the Same Folder Names in the
Archive Folders and have them deleted from the Personal Folders. When I
execute the manual archive nothing happens. I have been selecting Archive
from the File Menu, then clicking the Archive this folder and all subfolders
button, then selecting Inbox (under Personal Foldres) in the list, then used
the date Thr 1/1/2009 in the Archive items older than box, then checked the
Include items with "Do not AutoArchive" checked (because all subfoldres are
set to "Do not AutoArchive". The Archive File points to
......\Outlook\archive.pst which exists. When I click OK the Archiving message
displays on the status line for a moment, then disappears and nothing
happened. I would appreciate any wisdom on what I might be doing wrong or
have setup incorrectly. My expectation is that once I have archived
"correctly" that the Inbox and Sent Items subfolders of Archive Folders will
contain all of the email entries prior to 01/01/2009 and they will be gone
from the same subfolders in the Personal Folders. Thank you in advance to
anyone who can help me get this working.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Carroll Bailey" <Carroll Bailey(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I want to manually archive e-mails in my Personal Folders- Inbox and Sent
> Items subfolders. I have Auto Archive turned OFF for all Personal Folders
> Subfolders. My Inbox and Sent Items folders are very large and I want to
> copy
> everything in them prior to 01/01/2009 to the Same Folder Names in the
> Archive Folders and have them deleted from the Personal Folders.

Sort your folder by Received date. Locate the newest message in the folder
whose Received date is as old or older that than time. Select it. Now scroll
to the oldest message in the folder. Hold Shift and select it. All the
messages between the the two messages you selected will also be selected. Now
click on and drag the selection to the folder in the Archive PST where you'll
like them placed. Release the mouse button. Archive complete.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]