From: bufossil on
I am using PPT 2007, but I think I am attempting to edit a slide deck that
was created with PPT 2003.

When I go to Slide Master view, I see two different graphics and a text box
on the slide that I cannot edit. The two graphics and text box were probably
on the master slide when the deck was created with PPT 2003. (They are NOT
part of the "background" of the master slide.) When you click on the
graphics and the text box when you are in Slide Master view, nothing happens.

Does anyone know how to edit these graphics and the text box?

Thanks!

Tim

From: bufossil on
If I was mistaken in my original post and the two graphics and text box are
part of the "background" of the slide master, then please tell me how I can
select them to edit them.

Thanks again.

Tim

From: John Wilson john AT technologytrish.co DOT on
In Master view with the large master slide selected ..
RIGHT click off slide > format background and see if it's set to a picture.
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

From: Mark on
On Feb 18, 11:46 am, bufossil <bufos...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> If I was mistaken in my original post and the two graphics and text box are
> part of the "background" of the slide master, then please tell me how I can
> select them to edit them.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Tim
>

> "bufossil" wrote:
> > I am using PPT 2007, but I think I am attempting to edit a slide deck that
> > was created with PPT 2003.
>
> > When I go to Slide Master view, I see two different graphics and a text box
> > on the slide that I cannot edit.  The two graphics and text box were probably
> > on the master slide when the deck was created with PPT 2003.  (They are NOT
> > part of the "background" of the master slide.)  When you click on the
> > graphics and the text box when you are in Slide Master view, nothing happens.
>
> > Does anyone know how to edit these graphics and the text box?
>
> > Thanks!
>
> > Tim- Hide quoted text -

Don't forget that Masters work differently under 2007. Each slide uses
a 'Layout' which belongs to a 'Master'. IF the shapes are on the
Master, then you need to edit them there. When you go to view the
Master, it will show you the Layout - scroll up to find which Master
the layout belongs to (The layouts are indented from their Master in
the scrolling view on the left)