First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Problems compiling addrow with gcc-mingw (windows).
Hello I am trying to get addwo.exe using gcc (or g++) that comes with mingw. I have all libs and includes from cygwin that come with Mathematica (Mathlink) installed in a different dir structure but unfortunately I got the following error C:\msys\1.0\home\eduardo\MATHLI~1\addtwo>g++ -Ic:/msys/... 29 Jul 2010 07:29
SetAttributes for entire package
Is there a way to SetAttributes for all of the functions in a package? I would like them all to be Locked and ReadProtected. Thanks, Nate ... 30 Jul 2010 07:29
Packages designed for use in player pro
What is the correct syntax to use for a BeginPackage statement for a package which is to be deployed in player pro? For a standard package I use BeginPackage["toplevel`", {"anotherpackage`","anotherpackage2`", "lanotherpackage3`"}], which requires that the packages all be somewhere on the $Path variable, and be ... 1 Aug 2010 05:08
Disable save in player pro
I am deploying several notebooks using player pro. Is there a way to prevent the user from getting the "Save Changes" dialog on exit? I want to ensure that every time a user opens the file it looks exactly the same. I suppose this could be accomplished by locking the file, but I also would like to avoid confusi... 2 Aug 2010 08:08
Forcing Mathematica to use standard fonts
Suppose I embed some text in a graphic using: Style[ Text["The (quick+brown) fox = the lazy-dog", coords], FontFamily->"Times"] If I export this graphic (e.g. to PDF or SVG), Mathematica will put most of the text in Times, but the characters "(+)=-" will all be in special Mathematica fonts, generally with... 3 Aug 2010 07:03
Substiuting variables within an integral
Hello I need to do a variable substitution within an integral in several different ways. I need Mathematica to rearrange the integral with the new variable definition without solving it. The resulting integral will be variations of Euler function. After seeing the resulting integral, I need Mathematica to act... 29 Jul 2010 07:29
Pochhammer Special Function
Does anyone know how to use this function rather than have Mathematica provide it when you use FindSequenceFunction on a rising factorial in an infinite series? ... 28 Jul 2010 08:31
Graphic3d Plotting of Spheres
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew a really fast way to plot A LOT of psuedo-randomly distributed spheres anything above 10,000 just takes too long. -Glen -- Glen Steven Svenningsen University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana Material Science and Engineering ... 3 Aug 2010 07:03
Parallel search?
I am running a search through a large parameter space for a rare or nonexistent object - I don't know which. This search could take weeks or months of constant running. If it doesn't find the object I would just keep it running until it seemed hopeless. Given several processors I could assign each one a diffe... 27 Jul 2010 05:09
Can I speed up a matrix * tensor calculation?
I have a tensor and a matrix. Both pretty large. Both have real numbers with machine precision: Dimensions[matrix] {10000, 5000} Dimensions[tensor] {5000, 7, 10000} I need to do the following: Total[matrix]* Transpose[tensor {2, 3, 1}]]; but this runs very slowly. I've thought I ... 29 Jul 2010 07:28