First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
3D convex hull
I think it was Yves Klett who told me about this: verts = ComputationalGeometry`Methods`ConvexHull3D[plist][[1, 1]]; where plist is the original list of vertices and verts is the list of vertices on the convex hull of plist. Very simple and very fast, but it does not distinguish the triangles on the convex hu... 13 Aug 2010 07:02
Connecting to remote kernel
Hi I wish to connect to a remote kernel running Mathematica. I have given the information in "Basic Options" when adding a new Remote Kernel, and when I start a calculation such as "Print["test"]" I am asked to connect via SSH, which succeeds. After that it says: The kernel Remote_Math failed to connect to th... 13 Aug 2010 07:02
mathematica mistake in solving some problems
hi to every one, i use mathemtica for finding intersection between one cylindrical shape by a plane but i see that answer in some piece is wrong range = 300000000; intersec = {x, y, z} /. Solve[{1*((x - y)^2 + (y - z)^2 + (z - x)^2)^2 + 1000*((x - y)^3 + (y - z)^3 + (z - x)^3)^1 == 2*(250*10^6)^4,... 11 Aug 2010 04:55
Frontend option settings
I have problems with some graphics rich notebooks, that really seem to tax my frontend (Mathematica 7.01, linux 64 bits). They were OK but slow under 6, but just having to wait a few to many minutes using 7 if I highlight a graphics grid (to make it larger) makes things unusable. The options for graphics in th... 11 Aug 2010 04:55
Collecting Positive and Negative Terms
Hi, I'm currently doing calculations often involving very large expressions with a lot of unknown parameters. To investigate whether an expression is positive or negative, I usually expand it using the Expand command and manually copy and paste the positive and negative terms into new expressions and simplify th... 13 Aug 2010 08:07
Mathematica won't stop
Sometimes (not yet well-defined) I try to stop a loop, (either because it's running some wrong code or because the loop will take days or hours) with alt-comma but it keeps going. More than once I have had to shut the whole system off. Granted, Microsoft does not provide a competent universal interrupt (which t... 13 Aug 2010 07:02
Run a package from the command line without launching a notebook?
Hi everyone, I run Mathematica on a Mac (Snow Leopard). I need to run a package from the command line without launching a notebook. First, I created a notebook with four cells: Needs["myPackages`myPackage`"] connectionInfo = {"databaseDriver", "databaseLocation", "username", password"}; workFlow[connect... 12 Aug 2010 06:01
Clearing RAM Memory during evaluation
Hello Everybody, I am parsing a large data file and naturally this is memory intensive so I am breaking it into the smallest chunks possible. But I'm still having a problem with memory because I can't seem to clear up my RAM between chunks. So far there is NO output except writing a csv file, and I've cleared th... 12 Aug 2010 06:01
How to display a popup showing just items list view?
Hi group! I would like to implement a popup menu that appears when you right- click on an object or on the white area of a graph, similar to the menu you get by a right-clicking to explore the properties of a desktop icon or the desktop itself. The ActionMenu would be ideal, but I found no way to get just the it... 10 Aug 2010 04:45
automatically include automatic numbering in a cell style
I have a cell style, Exercise, in a style sheet that's just a variant of Text style. Its definition includes option CounterIncrements->"Exercise". That style sheet is applied to a notebook where I'm going to use that style. Three questions: (1) Is there some way of automatically having the number appear at th... 10 Aug 2010 04:45
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12